How do you buck somebody off of you?

ares

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If his knees are on your elbows then your arms are under his shins. as you bridge, you can lift his legs off you since his balance will be even more forward. go between his legs.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If his knees are on your elbows then your arms are under his shins. as you bridge, you can lift his legs off you since his balance will be even more forward. go between his legs.

exactly what I said earlier but maybe more clear. :)

Decker

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pardon the phrase used, but am I wrong to say that "bridging" movement is like, well, a pelvic thrust, or am I doing it wrong?

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If pressure is being exterted down, then would should try to wrriggle his arms free by moving the arms lateraly in opposite directions then changing direction suddenly. It's still difficult. I think I'll practice this scenario later today at my dojo.
If the attack was close enough I'd bite him in the crotch. That should loosen him up.

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pretty much all the advice given is sound. Above all, practice over and over from different types of mount also.

One escape I was rather fond of you need to be quite brave to pull off, and that is if the guy is sat on your chest/stomach area with knees into your armpits, you should have already reached up and gripped around his waist/midsection to pull him in tight to avoid the heavy blows. One option from here is to slip your hands down beneath his jeans/trousers and grip his smalls. Pull them up as tight as you can (aka: a 'wedgie') and lift your pelvis using one or other leg, thus rolling him over to his back for your impending escape. It's a bit twisted but it does work:angel:

I would, however, learn the more conventional methods of escape also:)

Last edited: