Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't stand the local stores. All they hire are tall skinny tattooed guys. I miss the hot "Its either this or get naked on the internet" Gothlings they used to hire. LOL

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hate Hot Topic. However, they are the #1 US retailer of:

1. Black nail polish.
2. "Unique" shirts that every "alternative" tween wears... all the time. They set the bar for Unique-ness.
3. Mass-produced straight jackets that don't really work.
4. The tears of emo kids who couldn't make it to the last Dresden Dolls concert. It's marketed as hair dye.

and...

5. Autobot patches (I think I'm getting one for my gi)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have never been in a Hot Topic store, ever.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have. I own a shirt that says:

I PUT THE FUN
IN FUNERAL

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When Hot Topic was new, expanding from a local california chain of Socks and Accessories stores to a full on national Retail Clothing shop, I worked for them.

I recruited and trained management for them, for stores from Minnesota to New York. Setup new stores. Managed some of their highest volume locations... I designed their #1 selling apparel item of all time, and I was instrumental in the formation of "Torrid", when the former CEO was planning a series of Alternative Lingerie stores like a Goth Victoria's secret I proposed and convinced him that a "Big and Tall" chain was more necessary to the alternative community. They still talk about me around there... Im some kind of legend to them. Heh heh.

I know all sorts of things that go on "behind the scenes" there... and I'll tell you what... those people are pretty damn honest. If they purchased merchandise from a vendor and found out it wasn't licensed, it left the shelves... I have a strong suspicion that if they knew the **** was stolen, and there was proof, it would get pulled. I didn't read the article, and I suppose things could have changed over there... but unless there was a huge turnover in office personel, I would have a hard time believing it.

It would be like saying "Bob runs a pirated version of VB"... It could be possible, but knowing Bob, I would have a damn hard time believing it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My daughter wants to be taken there today to get special Hot Topic hair dye...

Hot topic's hair dye is overpriced. Sally Beauty supply sells the exact same dye for almost 1/2 of what Hot Topic charges.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't stand the local stores. All they hire are tall skinny tattooed guys. I miss the hot "Its either this or get naked on the internet" Gothlings they used to hire. LOL

My former employees were pretty normal:

98107199_1fa02996bf.jpg

98106436_deb1b8a310.jpg

98106434_fa63647d8c.jpg

98106433_43f426b575.jpg

MOSTLY.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would be like saying "Bob runs a pirated version of VB"... It could be possible, but knowing Bob, I would have a damn hard time believing it.

One of the children we booted out of here a few years ago made that suggestion. I have the paid receipts to prove all my vB sites are 100% legit.
Plus we're listed on vB's own "need to have a license to be listed here" list.
But the link to report is http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

:)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the children we booted out of here a few years ago made that suggestion. I have the paid receipts to prove all my vB sites are 100% legit.
Plus we're listed on vB's own "need to have a license to be listed here" list.
But the link to report is http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

:)

Exactly my point... if that person you mentioned would have said that, I would have had serious doubts because I think after years of reading your posts and having met you, I know how you operate...

Its the same thing with the Buying staff at Hot Topic... I know them, and I believe if they had proof their stuff was bootleg they would pull it.