Holder: Some Drug Offneders Shouldn't Face Mandatory Minimum Sentences

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my opinion he is addressing a nonexistent problem. If he wants less nonviolent offenders then start a parole system in federal jails. Allow nonviolent offenders to get out early on parole. There is no parole in the fed system now that's one of the only reason we took cases there. We could get longer sentences in state court but with the 3 to 1 rules guys got out faster in state system

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree wirh parole for fed prisoners but I think this was aimed at the state prisons which are over crowded and under funded. He's pushing the judges to give lighter sentences for lighter offenses.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Read the first post...Holder is directing "federal prosecutors"....the only people he has authority over.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think the point is that he doesn't have that authority--Congress does. At least, that's how I understood it.

Yeah I ment that's kinda where he should be focusing the attention. Get the law changed.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read the first post...Holder is directing "federal prosecutors"....the only people he has authority over.

Your right, I missed that. I watch a lot of pbs and bbc and the overcrowded CA prisons were discussed recently. I was thinking Holder was addressing the overcrowded prisons on a national level.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Latest Discussions