hockheim's RBSD

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about this system? as i'm sure every regular here knows i've been researching training opportunities for when i move to denver, & found a place that offers this in addition to catch wrestling & muay thai. any input would be great.

jf

TigerCraneGuy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi Jarrod,

Seems like the general consensus is that Hockheim is the real deal. Got one of his knife-fighting books. Seems like he knows what he's talking about. In fact, last I checked, the folks at that 'other forum that shall not be named' :angel: seem to side with him.

Apparently too, the cops in Melbourne, Australia, tried to shut down one of his affiliated schools (training was too realistic or words to that effect) a while back, which actually lends credence to his methods.

Hope this helps

TCG

BTW: this is all mere opinion and heresay. Never trained with the guy although I'd like to.

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
the folks at that 'other forum that shall not be named' :angel: seem to side with him.

A most valuable endorsement? Maybe.

I know a couple guys who have gone to his seminars and I believe even earned rank from him. What they have shown me seems really interesting.

I'll check into it...

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my instructors trained with him and got certified in his system and come back and taught some of it to us . From what I remember we learned some stick or club defences and learned to use the stick with a two handed grip .
We also did a lot of knife defences that were very practical and the disarms as well and then using the knife to stab the attacker .

My instructor actually disagreed with MR Hochheim about this and told him that he is teaching his students to kill people , I can't remember what his reply was. But my instructor said that he is a nice down to earth sort of guy and has had a lot of experience in law enforcement and been in a lot of dangerous situations .

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
he comes down to a school near where I live quite often.

From what I have seem.. seems like he does know his stuff, but whether or not YOU know it before he gives you rank in it, is another story.

Don't see how anyone can learn a "system" in a weekend seminar, but darnit if he doesn't give out rank for attending and paying the 125 dollars or so he charges to attend.

The material I would say is great..

learning it enough in a weekend to get rank in it? nah.. fishy at best.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have trained with Hock a few time at one of our post academy schools and he is the real deal...I never got a rank certificate...

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I crosstrain with one of his instuctors who worked for years to get a black belt from him. It's good stuff.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No personal experience with him but through Modern Arnis I know people who have worked with him and I've heard lots of good stuff.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
thanks guys, it sounds like one to add to my growing list of schools to visit.

jf