Hitting women

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've been in this situation plently of times with my current girlfriend. Before I got with her, I never had a temper with women, I was raised better than that. I'm normally the type to just walk away from an argument or situation that may become hostile, but with my lady, it isn't quite that simple, she'll follow you into the next room and continue her onslaught of verbal abuse. I would ask kindly to be left alone to cool down, then I get a "make me!" or "you're not gonna do anything!". And we live together, so I can't just leave and go home to my bed.

My mother told me that times were different these days, and some women have less conviction toward men and in some cases the rule against hitting women does not apply. My mom changed the rule to: "A gentleman should never EVER strike a LADY, but a B**CH is just asking for it". I think it's unfair that some women take for granted that a gentleman won't strike them and think they can get away with anything. I think one should be a gentleman toward a lady, and a woman should act like a lady if she wants to be treated as such.
Yeah, it is unfair, but instead of resorting to "a B**CH is just asking for it" mentality, you need to get out of the situation. You said she's your current girlfriend, which means you are choosing to stay in a relationship in which not only are healthy communication skills lacking, but that by your own admission is abusive. Get out.

MrE2Me2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, it is unfair, but instead of resorting to "a B**CH is just asking for it" mentality, you need to get out of the situation. You said she's your current girlfriend, which means you are choosing to stay in a relationship in which not only are healthy communication skills lacking, but that by your own admission is abusive. Get out.

That is what I did. I got out.
And don't think it was easy either.
I had to jump through a lot of hoops.
It took nearly two years (2) to get divorced.
But by rebuilding my new life, it got easier, little by little.

In my new relationship, I and my now wife (then girlfriend) set out the rules early in our relationship.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been hit by the female gender on more than a couple occasions. I have also been hit by a car 2 times on foot and 2 times on my motorcycle by a woman. I have been punched repeatedly, cut and had things thrown at me that one should probably not throw at other humans... I have been punched standing and driving....
I also watched my mother punch my father and throw anything she could find up to but not limited to a boiling pot of beans accompanied by a drawer full of silverware... my father would do nothing but call us in the room and say "look what your mother is doing" and never lay a hand on her not even throw unkind words at her in return...
I learned from this...and although I have 4 brothers and no sisters, not hitting women is a value ingrained in me since I was a child...

I have been hit by females and it has pissed me off immensley but not enought to lose the values I was raised on... regardless of how women behave, they are fragile and there is no need to expel force on such fragile creatures unless the are trying to cripple of kill you... plain and simple...

MrE2Me2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been hit by the female gender on more than a couple occasions. I have also been hit by a car 2 times on foot and 2 times on my motorcycle by a woman. I have been punched repeatedly, cut and had things thrown at me that one should probably not throw at other humans... I have been punched standing and driving....

I can read that you know what it is to be physically assaulted.

I also watched my mother punch my father and throw anything she could find up to but not limited to a boiling pot of beans accompanied by a drawer full of silverware... my father would do nothing but call us in the room and say "look what your mother is doing" and never lay a hand on her not even throw unkind words at her in return...

I can read how your father was similarly assaulted (no disrespect is meant).

I learned from this...and although I have 4 brothers and no sisters, not hitting women is a value ingrained in me since I was a child...

I can see how you not have any role model guidance to direct you to defending yourself from violent females (again, no disrespect).

I have been hit by females and it has pissed me off immensley but not enought to lose the values I was raised on... regardless of how women behave, they are fragile and there is no need to expel force on such fragile creatures unless the are trying to cripple of kill you... plain and simple...

I was shocked by your statement about 'fragile creatures'.
So shocked that I showed it to my wife.
She chuffed and expressed her indignation at it.

When I have been assaulted and had to defend myself, the attacks were invariably from ambush. That is to say, I was not expecting them.

So the questions that spring to my mind as soon as I read your post are:

How do you determine when you are in danger of being crippled?
How much time do you think it takes to cripple you?

How do you determine when you are in mortal danger?
How much time do you think it takes to kill?

In closing (and with respect); I disagree with you.

I have spent my life becoming able to defend myself (against anyone who is able to hurt me).

A large part of that training went to why do I train?
And...
How much force is justified at any given time?

I do not regard young vital women as 'fragile creatures'.
Nor do I regard unarmed little old ladies as deadly enemies.
I assess each situation on its own.

*Kindly note that I have gone out of my way to be courteous (and I believe that you are being courteous too). I view this topic as being fraught with tension.

Without prejudice

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score

I am going to have to disagree with you about women being fragile creatures. While some women may present themselve's to be fragile and dainty there are other women out there that can be just as tough as men.

I do however agree with you that a man should never hit a woman unless she is trying to maim or kill you. In that instance and only in that instance is a man justified in hitting a woman.

There is one other time when I think that it might be ok to hit a woman, and that is when it is in a controlled environment like a dojo where she knows and expects that she could be hit by a man as part of the training.

Outside of those two instances I believe that it is never acceptable to hit a woman for any reason regardless of what she does or says to you as you should be smart enough to walk away from the situation and strong enough to restrain her if she becomes violent towards you.

I also on the flip side don't believe that it is acceptable for a woman to hit a man except in the same scenario's.

That's just my humble opinion and as to how I see things.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've hit one women out of anger/fear in my entire adult life........and that was an ex (Who taught me the definition of 'Borderline Personality Disorder') who I truly believed was actively trying to kill me with my own vehicle.

She lost her flipping mind and took me on the ride of my life, down residential streets at high double and low triple digit speeds, narrowly having missed other parked and moving vehicles, trees, buildings, etc.........she had spun out trying to make a turn at an intersection and was attempting to take off again, when I threw the car in to park and tried to grab the keys so I could buy time to bail out without getting run over.

When I tried to grab the keys, she bit me, HARD......I ignored her biting me, and managed to get the keys out of the ignition, when she started throwing punches.

I grabbed her to avoid the punches, and was just pinning her arms to prevent her from hitting me, when she got an arm free and threw an elbow that hit me in the temple and made me see stars.......I told her not to do that again, and tried to prevent the next one, that nearly knocked me out......that's when I threw one single punch to the side of her head, and told her to STOP!

That stunned her enough for me to get out of the car.......I could see by the look in her eye that she NEVER expected me to hit her back.........though she still had the keys and probably would have tried to run me down if I hadn't ran for the tree line.

Now........5'2 110lbs she may have been.......but 'fragile' she most DEFINITELY was not.......when she got mad she was wired steel! And, I could have prevented her from doing much physically to me if we were in the open........in the confined space of that Chevrolet Cavalier car, SHE had the advantage on me, being more compact and far more able to maneuver than my 6'5 frame! All I wanted to do was get out of that car.

The broad was CRAZY! I'm glad to have her 15 years in my taillights.....and before that moment I was just like blacklion described.......she'd get violent and i'd let her rage, and try to mitigate the damage as much as possible, only intervening physically when she came at me with a hammer or a some other object, and then only to disarm her and pin her to the floor.........but Phil Hartman entered my mind, and I got the hell out of there.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can read that you know what it is to be physically assaulted. Agreed...BUT ... I cannot agree that I was truly assaulted becuase I had been in worse and knew the difference between assault and agression...The very reason why I approached it in a different manner than I would if it had been a true assault or if I felt truly assaulted... Was my ego crushed , OF COURSE! Was I pissed the @%&$ off, CERTAINLY! But... I, being of sound mind and body knew the line and was not in a position to cross it...
I make zero agressive contact with females on a social /asocial level... walking away and continuing to walk is an easy one...

I can read how your father was similarly assaulted (no disrespect is meant). Once again, would define it as "assualt" and he knew the difference as well.

I can see how you not have any role model guidance to direct you to defending yourself from violent females (again, no disrespect).I will strike this one from the record.

I was shocked by your statement about 'fragile creatures'.
So shocked that I showed it to my wife.
She chuffed and expressed her indignation at it.
They are not men... God did not create them to be... We are two different creatures ...They are not built like men nor wired like men...
Scientifically they are different and more "fragile creatures" from an asocial standpoint than men are.... Yes there are anomalies and there are women that can get as close as possible and even further with drugs and surgeries but they will never be a man...
Humans are fragile creatures... and more mind than matter when compared to a lion or grizzly bear...
I have run into "fragile" or "frail" men but most every woman I come across is more "fragile" in a martial sense... Saying that they are more fragile does not denounce thier ability to achieve similar or comparable feats...nor does it denounce a womans combative efficiency...
One tends to wonder why there are still no females in SF/SEALS or FORCE RECON...however, there are females in SRT/SWAT however few and far between they may be...

When I have been assaulted and had to defend myself, the attacks were invariably from ambush. That is to say, I was not expecting them.
Was it a woman and what did you do to her????

So the questions that spring to my mind as soon as I read your post are:

How do you determine when you are in danger of being crippled?
This does not change regardless of the "creature"...she has to be armed with a tool of violence for me to consider hera danger and thats purely... asocial.

How much time do you think it takes to cripple you? Seconds but there are many variables here...

How do you determine when you are in mortal danger?
I answered this one already as cripple and mortal injury are hand and hand...

How much time do you think it takes to kill? Seconds/Hours/Days...once againe the same here... many variables...

In closing (and with respect); I disagree with you.
As have many past present ahnd future have and will....

I have spent my life becoming able to defend myself (against anyone who is able to hurt me). As have I , wether they are armed tot he teeth or stark naked on pcp...

A large part of that training went to why do I train?
And...
How much force is justified at any given time?
I have found more "reasons" not to justify violence than "reasons" to use it... as I am sure most "decent" "God-fearing" humans with the tool of violence at their disposal can agree...

I do not regard young vital women as 'fragile creatures'.
Nor do I regard unarmed little old ladies as deadly enemies.
I assess each situation on its own. They are both fragile in thier own regard as are you and I...

*Kindly note that I have gone out of my way to be courteous (and I believe that you are being courteous too). I view this topic as being fraught with tension.
No tension from me... my position is clear... I dont hit women and wasnt raised to... I am pretty much Zero contact in social/asocial...however there can be cases were siezing or controling is in order... but I will agress a female on an asocial plane if the time and place ever arises...

Without prejudice

I hope this makes sense....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to post up that I have no problems hitting women (which I don't) then sit and wait for the hate lol! :ultracool

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was going to post up that I have no problems hitting women (which I don't) then sit and wait for the hate lol! :ultracool

Hey that`s cheating! Women are supposed to claw and pull hair, what happened to the good old catfight?

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Hey that`s cheating! Women are supposed to claw and pull hair, what happened to the good old catfight?

If there is going to be a catfight, then I want a good ringside seat, some popcorn or chips and some beer to go with it.

What fun is a good catfight without snacks and beer as well as a good ringside seat? :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If there is going to be a catfight, then I want a good ringside seat, some popcorn or chips and some beer to go with it.

What fun is a good catfight without snacks and beer as well as a good ringside seat? :)

No fun at all! :lol:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I see what's going on in here. I am smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight. Woof!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I see what's going on in here. I am smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight. Woof!

Who let the dogs out?

Latest Discussions