History of Islamic Hostility and an Analysis of Current Threat Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

swivel63

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
christians are not blowing **** up

pretty much closes that argument down.

i wonder what the remaining branch davidians think about that. stop looking through a glass that encompasses only the last 20 years. turmoil in the middle east has been going on for more than a 1000 years.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the branch davidians didnt comitt any crimes and didnt attack anyone, they WERE attacked.

and i dont care what happened 1000 years ago

TODAY i dont have to worry about christians blowing me up, i DO have to worry about muslims blowing my **** up.

not all, not even most

but many

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Timothy McVeigh was raised Roman Catholic.
http://www.prochoice.org/pubs_research/publications/downloads/about_abortion/violence_stats.pdf

But the most obvious example of radical christian violence in recent history is the violence against abortion clinics.

Arsons and Bombings:
http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/violence/arsons.asp

Murders and Shootings:
http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/violence/murders.asp

Do you believe that these weren't almost exclusively perpetrated by extremist Christians?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abortion clinic bombers are lone actors without state support, material, spiritual or educational, and are condemned by followers of the main stream faith. I don't believe you can say the same thing about these two morons. I believe they had contact with that American nutjob in Afghanistan who encouraged the attack. Michael Medved, the radio host was talking about it because he lives there and a freind works at that processing station.

Also, Timothy McVeigh denied religion, said he was not a christian.

Twin fist is also right, the nuts at the davidian compound were doing there own thing when the feds rolled up.

***************I AM NOT SAYING THAT THEY WERE RIGHT IN SHOOTING UP THE FEDS, OR THAT THEY WERE INNOCENT OF THE CHARGES THAT LED THE FEDS TO RAID THEIR COMPOUND, I AM SAYING THEY WERE NOT GOING AROUND ATTACKING OTHER PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF THEIR RELIGION, UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS THAT THEY ACTUALLY WERE AND CAN SHOW ME THE ARTICLES, IN WHICH CASE I WILL SAY THAT YES, THEY ALSO ATTACKED OTHER PEOPLE.***************

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
looking at your Stats Stevebjj, it appears that the abortion bombers killed 8 people since 1977...that many people is hardly a nation wide threat compared to islamic violence in this country and around the world. Also, the killers do not recieve any support from the catholic church in any way and are condemned by the highest to lowest members of the church. The muslim killers around the world recieve quite a bit of sympathy, if not outright support from many in their communities. I remember a case of an honor killing, in Britain or Germany, where the a poll was taken in the community and something like 60 percent she deserved her death for acting German, It must have been germany. If you ask for the article I'll have to look it up. It was a while ago.

Here is one article on honor killings in Germany, haven't had time to read the whole article.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,344374,00.html

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
looking at your Stats Stevebjj, it appears that the abortion bombers killed 8 people since 1977...that many people is hardly a nation wide threat compared to islamic violence in this country and around the world. Also, the killers do not recieve any support from the catholic church in any way and are condemned by the highest to lowest members of the church. The muslim killers around the world recieve quite a bit of sympathy, if not outright support from many in their communities. I remember a case of an honor killing, in Britain or Germany, where the a poll was taken in the community and something like 60 percent she deserved her death for acting German, It must have been germany. If you ask for the article I'll have to look it up. It was a while ago.
TF said that christians don't blow **** up. I pointed out that in recent history, off the top of my head, I could point to several who have. It's not a matter of scope.

Lesson here is that crazy people do crazy ****, and often ascribe their craziness to a religion.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the article on German honor killings:

The Turkish women's organization Papatya has documented 40 instances of honor killings in Germany since 1996.

In many cases, fathers -- and sometimes even mothers -- single out their youngest son to do the killing, Boehmecke said, "because they know minors will get lighter sentences from German judges." In some cases, these boys are revered by their community and fellow inmates as "honor heroes" -- a dementedly skewed status they carry with them for the rest of their lives. Currently, six boys are serving time in Berlin's juvenile prison for honor killings. "In a way, these boys are victims, too," she said. Sometimes they are forced to kill their favorite sister.

One of the unsettling truths about Hatin's death and the plight of many Muslim women is that it took the comments of three Turkish boys and the outrage of a male school director to get people to notice. When the murder first happened, it sent no shock waves through the mainstream German press. It only became big news when a group of 14-year-old Turkish boys mocked Hatin during a class discussion at a school near the crime scene. One boy said, "She only had herself to blame," while another insisted, "She deserved what she got. The whore lived like a German." The enraged school director not only sent a letter home to parents, but also to teachers across Germany. The letter ignited a media fury. Less known, however, is that the letter also hit a nerve among educators. "Teachers from across the country wrote back saying they had had similar experiences," Boehmecke said. They reported Turkish boys taunting Turkish girls who don't wear headscarves as "German sluts." "That's the part no one has written about. Clearly there is huge potential for similar violence across Germany," Boehmecke said. "Not just in the big cities, but all over. It's a problem many politicians haven't been willing to face."

DPA​
A memorial to Hatin, showing her holding her son when he was a baby. That was before she discarded her headscarf and insisted on living as she wanted.

Astonishingly, the first extensive data the German government collected about the lives of Turkish women was published last summer, as part of a study done by the Ministry for Family Affairs. The study showed that 49 percent of Turkish women said they had experienced physical or sexual violence in their marriage. One fourth of those married to Turkish husbands said they met their grooms on their wedding day. Half said they were pressured to marry partners selected by relatives and 17 percent felt forced into such partnerships.
.....................................................................................

Yes, you are right on that but twin fist is also right about the muslim threat being different than abortion killings or bombings.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
but honor killings are cutural, not religious........despite them all being done by muslims.....

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
but honor killings are cutural, not religious........despite them all being done by muslims.....

Honour killings are also practiced in India, by...

Hindus.

And BTW, the first recorded case of Honour killing was done by Jacob's sons anfter the rape of Dina.

You know, Jews.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
every honor killing in these united states has been done by a muslim

here is the difference Bro

the Hindu's dont have a book telling them to go out and kill

muslims DO

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[cough]Sabra and Shatila massacres[cough cough]. Kingsmill massacre. Karatina massacre. Tel-al Zaatar massacre. Khojaly massacre. Greysteel massacre. Cave of the Patriarchs massacre. Gulbarg Society massacre.

In fact, it would appear that Muslims attack Christians and Jews and Hindus, Hindus attack Muslims, Christians attack Muslims, Jews attack Muslims and Christians, and Protestants attack Catholics and Catholics attack protestants on a fairly regular basis; if we're just looking religion.

But people will see just exactly what they want to see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_named_massacres

Have a nice evening gents. Stew well in those juices. I have a tournament to prepare for.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and ofg course, right on schedule, our resident muslim apologists will come in, throwing unrelated tidbits around, totally trying to hide and cover up the FACT that once again, MUSLIM tried to blow something up

they were MUSLIMS and nothing you can do or say will change it.

it doesnt matter what happened in 1200 bc

it doesnt matter what happened in 1200 AD

it matters what is happening NOW

MUSLIMS are trying to kill infidels for NO OTHER REASON than that they are not muslims.

and they are using the koran as justification

no one can hide or change that FACT

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I concur that many faiths and cultures have this stain on their hands. It's a disgrace to them, even tho' they may not see it as such (much as that boggles my mind). You don't want to know what has been happening in Libya, for example, in this regard since their civil war broke out.

Let's not bicker about who is worst, let us just agree that it is wrong and maybe do something constructive like writing to our political representatives. It's a tiny thing but, in the end, it is the politicos that represent us who have the power to start the ball rolling to change such things by diplomatic pressure.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so if the religion teaches them violence, then why arent all or most doing it? why is it just many?

because just like christianity, most people dont take religion all that seriously

the difference is, the bible doesnt really compel it's followers to go kill people

the koran does

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
every honor killing in these united states has been done by a muslim

here is the difference Bro

the Hindu's dont have a book telling them to go out and kill

muslims DO
What's the definition of an honor killing? Is it where a person is killed for having brought dishonor on the family? Is it a crime of passion where the wife is killed for having committed adultery? Let's define honor killing, because I'm not having any trouble thinking of situations where white dudes in places like Texas have committed murder for similar reasons.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, let's not leave out the atheists in the violence discussion. They have a history of killing as well, and on a pretty huge scale.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some people need to actually read their Christian Bibles.
The whole thing.
Not the 'pick and choose' stuff.

As to the rest...facts don't matter when one is busy justifying their wet pants, and squishy butts while carrying torches and pitchforks in a crowd of like minded folks.
Facts, perspective, rational and level headed thinking. Nah.

Can we just pass a law requiring all Muslims to report to camps already? It's make some folks so happy..and I'm all about happiness today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions