Hi there!

WhiteNoiz

White Belt
Reaction score
This is the first Karate forum I have joined. I have been involved with car forums for some time now...very helpful. I expect this should be even more fruitful since I will be dealing with martial artists, and not just people who own a certain type of vehicle lol. In other words, I believe people here will be a little farther along on the road to self improvement, constant learning, and growth.

My name is Jimmy. I live in Boise Idaho. When I was a kid I was a fairly pessimistic person. Really, I didn't think of it as bad, or "negative". I really just thought I was thinking things through by looking for the pitfalls. About three and a half years ago, a girl I was in love with cheated on me with a good friend, or so I thought. I had been with her for five years, and I was heart broken. We have all been there. Work was difficult, being with friends, heck, even being awake. After about a week of that, I decided I needed an outlet, something positive, creative, or helpful. I had so much energy, that was going to go somewhere, and it needed to be focused. I searched my interests, and values. I considered volunteer work, political groups... anything. Then it hit me. Kenpo! I had taken Kenpo when I was 12 years old, but only achieved yellow before I moved to a different city. I've always loved martial arts, ninja movies, and had the worn out karate pants my mom finally made disappear because they were way too short. All they were... cargo pants lol. I think I watched Blood Sport one too many times.

To conclude, I was luckily enough to find my old instructor who was a blue belt when I was 12. He is now a 5th black and has his own studio. All of this I found out with a phone call to the old studio twelve years later! Along with that relationship ending, starting Kenpo, and with the insights of my instructor Mitch Tippitts, I was on a very good road to recovery. I am a different person now, and its hard to imagine living life the way I used too. Karate has been as much of a cognitive understanding, as a physical movement understanding. Mr. Tippitts introduced optimism to me in a new light, one that made sense. I could go on and on, but this post is plenty long now. Anyway, hi, I'm Jimmy, 3rd Brown in Ed Parker American Kenpo Karate.

Oh, and lastly, I just want to say that I love all styles of martial arts, fascinating, all of it.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT....

Latest Discussions