Hi there

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
IÂ’m new to the board. IÂ’ve been in and out of Tea Kwon Do since I was 13. IÂ’ve moved a lot. I just started taking class again after taking a 1 year hiatus because of Planters Faciatis (IÂ’m 39 now). It still bothers me a little but IÂ’m able to practice again. Not sure of what belt to tell you I am, because IÂ’ve earned a couple different ranks at different schools. So basically IÂ’ve got a little dirt on my White belt. I enjoyed my last instructor but my first love is the ITF pattern set. He taught WTF forms. Nothing wrong with that itÂ’s just my preference. My new instructor teaches both, with more emphasis on WTF (rank is based on WTF forms. ITF forms are optional). The instructor also throws in some Jujitsu, Grappling, weapons, and boxing on the side. He is first a WTF traditional guy but this going to be an interesting trip with all the goodies he offers.
In case you havenÂ’t pick this out; I prefer traditional styles but everything Tea Kwon Do interests me. Look forward to reading more on this board.

Thanks

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Red, welcome to MT, it's good to have you with us---there are a lot of threads in the Korean fora, and we're always glad to have someone new with experience and interests in those arts. And there are a lot of people in the KMA section who are interested in the traditional approach to TKD. I'm looking forward to your posts!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

The more TKD'ers the better - especially others who know the ITF patterns!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Enjoy your stay! :)

Mike