Hi Martial Artist

Reaction score
I am Dr Rubin Frank Rhode. I reside in Cape Town South Africa. I practise Karate-Do, Kick Boxing, Taiji Quan and Nei Gong. My rank is Godan 5th Dan (Goju Ryu Karate) and Godan 5th Dan (Kick Boxing, WAKO). My teacher is Eddie Cave (9th Dan). I have been his student since 13 years old. I am now fifty years of age. I am also Professor of Integrative Medicine at a state facility public hospital in South Africa. I also do Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. Most of my patients are encouraged to do some martial arts with us. We get a good clinical result. especially for post-stroke patients. Is there any martial artists who integrate Medicine and Martial Arts.
Thank you so much

Dr Rubin Frank Rhode, Sensei

OP
D
Reaction score
Greetings Sensei
Thank you so much for your welcome. I am extremely grateful.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

I have never personally integrated Martial Arts and medicine, although my sciatic nerve has been giving me problems, so I may consider something...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Dr and Welcome to MT...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am Dr Rubin Frank Rhode. I reside in Cape Town South Africa. I practise Karate-Do, Kick Boxing, Taiji Quan and Nei Gong. My rank is Godan 5th Dan (Goju Ryu Karate) and Godan 5th Dan (Kick Boxing, WAKO). My teacher is Eddie Cave (9th Dan). I have been his student since 13 years old. I am now fifty years of age. I am also Professor of Integrative Medicine at a state facility public hospital in South Africa. I also do Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. Most of my patients are encouraged to do some martial arts with us. We get a good clinical result. especially for post-stroke patients. Is there any martial artists who integrate Medicine and Martial Arts.
Thank you so much

Dr,
What is integrative medicine? That's a specialty I've never heard of.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi JKS99, thank ypu so much for your question on Integrative Medicine. It is a name used by Western Medically trained doctors, who have also trained in Complementary Medical Systems like: Homeopathy, Acupuncture, TCM, Naturopathy, etc. This term was made famous by Dr Andrew Weil (cf. also the work of DR Oz and Dr Shelley). my Specialty is in Internal Medicine, and Professorship is in Intergrative Clinical Medicine. Thank you so musch.

Yours in the Spirit of Budo/Wushu

Latest Discussions