Hi from an AKBAN veteran in Toronto

Haikuguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'll be soon forming a group in Toronto to train in Budo Ninjutsu- Akban Style (www.akban.org).
(if anyone has any tips on a dojo space to rent around here, don't be shy...)

I have trained in Akban in Israel for 12 years and in other martial arts (judo, Shotokan karate, jiu jitsu, krav maga) for about 5 years.

Cheers!

O.

Troy Wideman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Haikuguy,

You might want to try Greg Tremblay. He runs a large bujinkan dojo in Toronto and I know he rents out space to other bujinkan groups. His dojo is called Kageyama, if you surf on the internet I am sure you can find him. He is a very nice guy and would treat you fairly.

Kind Regards,

Troy Wideman
Genbukan Mugen Dojo

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello Haikuguy,

You might want to try Greg Tremblay. He runs a large bujinkan dojo in Toronto and I know he rents out space to other bujinkan groups. His dojo is called Kageyama, if you surf on the internet I am sure you can find him. He is a very nice guy and would treat you fairly.

Kind Regards,

Troy Wideman
Genbukan Mugen Dojo

Wow. A Genbukan member advocating a Bujinkan group? Man, honestly I find that really really awesome! Things have not been that way in the areas that I have been in!

Troy Wideman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Idagator,

I am friends with most of the bujinkan in Ontario. We are all from the same line, "Takamatsu-den", the biggest difference between the different organizations is how our head masters run their organization and their approach to teaching it. I also have a lot of respect for Doron Navon and the Israeli bujinkan.

I think we should all get along and be respectful to each other. Just because we don,t see eye to eye on training methods doesn,t mean we shouldn,t treat each other with decency and respect. You are correct though, a lot of people don,t operate within these guidelines. lol.

All the best.

Troy Wideman

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi Idagator,

I am friends with most of the bujinkan in Ontario. We are all from the same line, "Takamatsu-den", the biggest difference between the different organizations is how our head masters run their organization and their approach to teaching it. I also have a lot of respect for Doron Navon and the Israeli bujinkan.

I think we should all get along and be respectful to each other. Just because we don,t see eye to eye on training methods doesn,t mean we shouldn,t treat each other with decency and respect. You are correct though, a lot of people don,t operate within these guidelines. lol.

All the best.

Troy Wideman

That is an awesome attitude!

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Agreed, and Greg is a really nice guy. I'd agree to say to contact him. He's pretty open minded as well.

OP
H

Haikuguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To canadians living in the GTA

Good news!

Akban Ninjutsu will have its first class in Canada on Thursday - March 1st, 2012, at 8:30PM.

Classes will be held at 55 Glen Cameron Road (yonge and steels), Toronto, Mondays and Thursdays, 8:30-10:00PM.

All levels and ages are welcome!
Hope to see you there!

Latest Discussions