Hi, Everybody!

Da Supa Freak

White Belt
Reaction score
First, I want to clarify that I am not Dr. Nick. Now, crappy Simpson's pun aside, to my real introduction :uhyeah:

I'm DJ; 23 and just received my yellow belt in Shitoh-Ryu Karatedo a couple weeks ago. I happened across here a few days ago while Googling for, uh... Martial Arts discussion forums (yes, really). :p

From what I've seen lurking, I like the place. Good, knowledgeable people. I hope to learn a lot.

OP
D

Da Supa Freak

White Belt
Reaction score
The yellow belt test was easy and straightforward. We just had to show that we knew what all the Japanese names of the basic blocks and kicks were, how to execute them, and perform the first 3 Basic Forms (Kihon Kata). I could have done it a lot sooner, but we were required to wait about 2-3 months before testing. I'm taking it at my school, so it goes by a quarterly calendar for us.

From what I've heard from higher students, the orange belt test is more or less the same. Up from there, it gets more serious and difficult.

Nolerama said:
welcome. thanks for getting Super Freak stuck in my head
You are very welcome. Weird thing, though. I've been using Da Supa Freak as my username for 5 years or so and didn't even realize the connection of it to the song until someone else pointed it out to me about two years after I started using it.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..You will remember 2 of your belt tests, your first one and the one to get your black belt...

OP
D

Da Supa Freak

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..You will remember 2 of your belt tests, your first one and the one to get your black belt...
lol

Yeah, that makes absolute sense. That feels like it's going to be long time away from now, though.

And thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Now, I just need to get to posting elsewhere in the forum...

Latest Discussions