HHO Where Is The Technology?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I remember being amazed at this guy's invention and how he was able to create fuel from water. Converted his car to run on water and electricity and the torch burns much hotter than any fossil fuel torch out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bMFoFDk3yk&feature=player_embedded#!

So, where the hell is it? If I'm not mistaken this was shown roughly 10+ years ago... Did the Oil Companies buy him out or sequester him away quietly?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone wonder would he need to have is own prototype car run gasoline if all it needs is 4 ounces of water? Its not like he's worried about running out of water, eh? ;)

He needs a hybrid engine to run gasoline the same reason why mainstream hybrid cars need a hybrid engine to run gasoline. The demands for the cart to run the way it does takes a tremendous amount of electricity. Electricity gets stored in batteries and...y'all know the drill from here.

He says he gets the power from hydrolysis. Hydrolysis works, and it is very clean, but it takes a huge amount of electricity to make it happen. I suspect you'd get better drive time with a Leaf or a Volt that can focus all of its power in moving the car forward, instead of focusing its power on the hydrolysis of water.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, I think that the reason for the 'disappearance' of this has less to do with corporate suppression than it does the cold realities of physics. Like Carol says, it takes a lot of energy to electrolyse water to get the hydrogen out and until recently it was not efficient to do that for there was a net loss. Also, I have a feeling that the fellow was shown to be a fraud (accidental or deliberate I don't recall) with noone able to replicate the results with the declared techniques and materials.

However, this research did sound promising (tho' the catalyst sounds a bit scary :D):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/jul/31/energyefficiency.energy

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aye, I think that the reason for the 'disappearance' of this has less to do with corporate suppression than it does the cold realities of physics. Like Carol says, it takes a lot of energy to electrolyse water to get the hydrogen out and until recently it was not efficient to do that for there was a net loss. Also, I have a feeling that the fellow was shown to be a fraud (accidental or deliberate I don't recall) with noone able to replicate the results with the declared techniques and materials.

However, this research did sound promising (tho' the catalyst sounds a bit scary :D):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/jul/31/energyefficiency.energy

Could that not also double as water purification?
:angel:

Latest Discussions