Hey, I'm really weak..

druskii

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey I'm Andrew. I'm new to this place and martial arts. The reason im thinking of taking martial arts is because, I'm really skinny, and weak, and alot of people always mess with me just because they can, I am bullied alot, and I want to be able to defend myself, and also ive always had an interest in martial arts. Ive been doing research on alot of different arts and settled on the fact that muay thai might be worth trying, i really signed up to gain info, motivation, and just meet other martial artists.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Andrew! Those are the same reasons I started in the martial arts, and have never looked back since!

hilly1981

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!!

There are many wise and experienced martial artists on here, so you have come to the right place! :)

I used to get bullied at school when I was younger because I was an easy target and low on self confidence. However after taking up martial arts in a quality karate school, I developed inner belief and self confidence. Once the bullies start to identify this (this will show in your appearance, attitude and body language) they should start backing off.

IZDemon

White Belt
Reaction score
Muay Thai is a great choice. I also suggest plain ole' boxing, if Muay Thai does not work you for you. If you decide on either one of these, be prepared to get whipped into shape. They both focus a lot on conditioning and cardio.

Larry G. Bethers

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. In your training there are two things to remember: Consistency and Persistency. Never give up.

Latest Discussions