Hey Iceman, Can I have some Tabasco with my crow?

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So a year or 2 ago I kinda made fun of you for taking your wife to Fresno for your anniversary and I ranked Fresno as some place between Detroit and Baghdad as a place that I would take my wife for our anniversary.

I think you had a testing to attend that just happened to fall on your anniversary.

Well as fate would have it, my anniversary (17th) is 2 weeks from now on the 14th and sure enough that is the same day as the AAU qualifier IN FRESNO.

Not 100% sure we are going, but as things are right now, it is in the plans.

I just thought you would find this funny.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mango man karna is a wonderful thing.
icon10.gif

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, you just made my day!:uhyeah:

Hey, Tim Thackery's folks run a school there & by all accounts are great people: so Fresno's not all bad. I reccomend the LaQunita off of Herndon & 1st St.

Fresno ain't Maui, but when you're with the one's you love, it's not a bad place to be. All my best to Samantha in that tourney!

OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I will certainly agree that Dr and Mrs Thackrey are great people. They over-saw our first ever Team X poom/dan test about 10 days ago. Everytime I see Mrs. Thackrey I can't help myself and always have to thank her for giving birth to Tim LOL!!!

As far as Fresno being an OK place to spend our anniversary... Well. I would rather be in Maui LOL, but if we do go, we will make the best of it.

Thanks for the well wishes. I will try to remember to post the results.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, I'm in Detroit! It is an absolutely beautiful day here-not a cloud in the sky. Temp is about 15 though so it is sweater weather....

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ooo, I forgot that might be someone in Detroit that might get upset, too.

Next we'll hear from the Bagdad Tourism Board.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Baghdad isn't all bad, you know....just the places where the bombs go off...but you wouldn't go there at home, so why do so on vacation.... :uhyeah:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So a year or 2 ago I kinda made fun of you for taking your wife to Fresno for your anniversary and I ranked Fresno as some place between Detroit and Baghdad as a place that I would take my wife for our anniversary.

I think you had a testing to attend that just happened to fall on your anniversary.

Well as fate would have it, my anniversary (17th) is 2 weeks from now on the 14th and sure enough that is the same day as the AAU qualifier IN FRESNO.

Not 100% sure we are going, but as things are right now, it is in the plans.

I just thought you would find this funny.

Mango,

First good for you to let everyone know. :)

Second shame on you for putting Fresno in with Detroit and Baghdad.

Baghdad is much better than Detroit

Normal advertisements that include Detroit or Flint or other South east Michigan Ex_Industrial Towns:

1) From XM Radio - We solved world peace but then we came to Detroit
2) Local Detroit Radio - So if you look around and see damaged buildings and people out of work and the criminals in the mayors office than you are in Detroit
3) Local Flint Radio - If you have pot holes the size of small cars, and the building next to you has no aluminum siding as they have stolen it, or they have been burned down as drug houses, or if you live in the "Good" neighborhood then the next door house is empty because of foreclosure, while the city is broke and people look at Detroit as being a place to look up too, Than you are in Flint. ;)

Besides I have been to Bagdad Arizona which is a mining town. It is not so bad. I enjoyed the motorcycle trip from Phoenix up and back.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm going up I-75 next for Rich! :) Oh, wait, he's a GM guy like me, so I'll cut him some slack.

It is sunny today too (high will be about 40)! I don't understand why Detroit is not a "destination city." We have plenty of big city diversions as long as you don't need a pro football team......

Latest Discussions