Help me with my website AWARENESS

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Working on a project and I would like to get some feedback from other schools, students, and practitioners.
I have a definition of Awareness that I'm going to use in the context of self-defense, but I would like to know what others see awareness as.

If you are an instructor or owner of a school please include your website address with YOUR definition of awareness. This way I can quote your school or the instructor as saying the meaning. The goal of this to show how other people understand awareness in the context of self-defense. Thanks in advance

WHAT DOES AWARENESS MEAN TO YOU?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
a·ware·ness
əˈwernəs/
noun
  1. knowledge or perception of a situation or fact.
Sometimes the wheel doesn't need re-inventing. I think that the reason why these things become complicated as they pertain to people with a vested intre$t in "self defense" is pretty self explanatory. You can't sell a dream if you define it's edges too sharply. Charlatanism 101.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
a·ware·ness
əˈwernəs/
noun
  1. knowledge or perception of a situation or fact.
Sometimes the wheel doesn't need re-inventing. I think that the reason why these things become complicated as they pertain to people with a vested intre$t in "self defense" is pretty self explanatory. You can't sell a dream if you define it's edges too sharply. Charlatanism 101.
I already have a formal definition of Awareness. What I need now are perceptions of how other's may define awareness. It's ok if they define it the same way as the definition and it's ok if they define it as something else. So long as it's their perception and understanding of it.

The definition tells me what the world means but not how others may see it. Just like worlds have

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
eeerr, its knowing what's going on around you and taking action, preferably before something happens. Some call it street smart, its not walking about in a state of fear or apprehension, its seeing the guy over there who looks a bit dodgy, then if he is suddenly over here its not a complete suprise to you.

read the road or the room, some times I've moved myself and my beer, five mins before the guy playing pool has punched the guy near me, who would have knocked my beer over if i was still there, you can commonly see things coming a mile off, if your watching

Last edited:
OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
eeerr, its knowing what's going on around you and taking action, preferably before something happens. Some call it street smart, its not walking about in a state of fear or apprehension, its seeing the guy over there who looks a bit dodgy, then if he is suddenly over here its not a complete suprise to you.

read the road or the room, some times I've moved myself and my beer, five mins before the guy playing pool has punched the guy near me, who would have knocked my beer over if i was still there, you can commonly see things coming a mile off, if your watching
Thank you for your input and that example of your life experience of awareness.

Latest Discussions