Help Find A Gym For Me

J

J-kid

If you know of GOOD gym for martial arts in Kent Washington, Needs to be close to kent or in kent, Please help me out, Places I have checked are MCdojos i wanna join a good standing gym where i can get some good training done, PLease help me out if you can , YOUR FRIEND judo-kid.:) :) :) :)

OP
J

J-kid

Anyone know a sertifid master in my area that is recomend. PLEASE HELP ME>

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kiddie,
You need to go out and do this on your own. There are several good FAQ's about finding a good MA school out there on the web. From your posts, you could use the help, but I think you're old enough to do it on your own. Your parents can help you look to. Settle on what you want, and go about acheiving it. Best of luck to ya!

OP
J

J-kid

I am working on my judo/Jijutsu but need to join a striking art on the side . Instead of going to every MA place most being mcdojos i am looking for anyone that has insite on the MA places around Kent Washington, There are alot of Karate places any of them any good. Please send me your input./:karate: :karate:

OP
A

Angus

If you want to be a fighter so badly, you're in the wrong area. The best fighting school I know is AMC Muay Thai/Pankration in Kirkland, which is too far. GREAT gym, I was there for 3 years. Sure, they only care about you if you're a fighter, but you'll never find a better gym. Kent? Screwed.

Edit: If you want it so bad, put some work in yourself. You have to learn to something for yourself, and choosing a place of study is a VERY personal decision. Why are you so worried about the "McDojo" BS? Maybe you'll actually learn there. Or are you afraid your internet reputation might bcome worse? Don't worry so much, and just go to as many places as possible until you find a place that suits you. Unfortunately, I don't know any places in Kent except a Temple Kung Fu which is not worth your time. Good luck.

OP
S

sweeper

http://www.nwkali.com

this is the third or fourth time I posted that link, I don't know if you looked there or not, federal way is as close as renton. (depending on what part f kent you are in).

now a quesiton for angus, you study with an inosanto/Sirisute instructor lineage correct? know if Christopher Clarke is any good? (I assume so seeing as he is a full instructor in JKD under inosanto and an instructor under Sirisute, he also hosts seminars there.

anyway here's contact info :

Northwest Kali/JKD Association, 33324 Pacific Hwy #203, Federal Way, WA. 98003

OP
A

Angus

I have not personally met Sifu Chris Clarke, but that is who my Sifu studied with. She originally studied with Clarke and Lenderman and used to teach at Lenderman's school, but since has gotten more contact with Inosanto/Chai, especially Ajarn Chai.

Our school will be hosting seminars for them both within the next 6/8 months hopefully, because we just moved into a much bigger, nicer space.

I'm really considering checking out the NW Kali group, and Lenderman Academy (and whatever Clarke's school is called, I forget). All are of the same lineage. My school is pretty dilute in the lineage I'm sure, and if I want to become a teacher in this I'm going to go study under Inosanto, but I'm still learning a lot so it's ok by me. My teacher is going to set up a meeting soon so I can meet and talk to Ajarn Chai because I plan on focusing on Muay Thai. Good stuff...sorry for the extra bits. :D

All in all, I've heard Sifu Chris Clarke is great. My teacher wants him to have a seminar at my school hopefully sometime this year. Where are you at anyway, sweeper?

OP
J

J-kid

Is that school near kent Angus???

What dos that school teach

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Angus posted: I have not personally met Sifu Chris Clarke, but that is who my Sifu studied with. She originally studied with Clarke and Lenderman and used to teach at Lenderman's school, but since has gotten more contact with Inosanto/Chai, especially Ajarn Chai.

Did you study under Denise Gereaux (sp)? I worked out at her studio about 5 years ago. The lineage sounds about right.

Lamont

OP
A

Angus

Yes, I do! I'm actually going to be teching there pretty soon (kids classes). Very cool. How long did you study with her for? What was your impression? I haven't been with her for a hugely long time.

She's not the best teacher I've ever met, but she knows what she's knows what she's doing so in the long run I will, too. She has heart, though, so I think that helps. I just think the whole Inosanto/Chai lineage just has TOO much information to be able to teach the way she does (very non-linear). However, it's a good program for me right now, and I'm going to help her iron out the problems I see with the system's way of teaching, hopefully. I'm mostly content for right now.

Since this has nothing to do with the thread, feel free to PM me.
:D

OP
J

J-kid

About that JKD school , I heard very few people know it, But sounds cool might have to check it out, Can i get a little history about it????

OP
J

J-kid

Hey sweeper how far away is That JKD dojo from kent???

OP
J

J-kid

How do you send people messages> again>>???:confused:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Judo-kid,

Go to the post of the person you want to PM, then look under it. There is a blue/purple button labeled PM, hit it and you are good to go.

Lamont

OP
S

sweeper

it says right in my post

"Northwest Kali/JKD Association, 33324 Pacific Hwy #203, Federal Way, WA. 98003
253.838.1414"

Federal way is right over the hill fromt he kent valley, right inbetween kent and seatac.

If you want a map I suggest calling for directions or going to qwestdex.com

Latest Discussions