Hello

KitMartialArts

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey All, my name is Kit,I used to practice Eskrima, JKD , MMA and quite a few other Martial Arts, I used to chronical my journey in a blog. I stopped Martial Arts a few years ago ,but now I have my kids doing Karate and I am going to post about their and mine experiences as a Dad, in the hope to help others who are considering to put their kids into Martial Arts or find it interesting to see what it is like Well, do you want to start Karate?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey All, my name is Kit,I used to practice Eskrima, JKD , MMA and quite a few other Martial Arts, I used to chronical my journey in a blog. I stopped Martial Arts a few years ago ,but now I have my kids doing Karate and I am going to post about their and mine experiences as a Dad, in the hope to help others who are considering to put their kids into Martial Arts or find it interesting to see what it is like Well, do you want to start Karate?
Hi KitMartialArts. Welcome to the forum. :)

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why would you stop? Not quite getting that.

Welcome! Got my first taste of the FMA via Dan Inosanto.
How old are the kids? I have adult children and 6 grandkids 7 to 14. Non of my kids followed me into the MAs. They played soccer and baseball. Eventually, my middle boy and I picked up tennis, because we wanted a common activity. That was 20 years ago.
It will be interesting to read about your journeys. Honestly though, statistically, if you can get a kid to stay in the MAs for more than a year many would considers that unique.

Latest Discussions