Hello!

TietKiu3

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guy and gals! I'm brand new on the forum and wanted to start with a question - Any Yee lineage Hung Ga practitioners here? If not then any Hung Ga practitioners?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tibetan White Crane, from Quentin Fong -Tang Ja Meng - Ng Sui Jung lineage.

No hung ga for me either.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, TK3. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Last edited:

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
There are some Hung Gar practitioners around, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Fujian White Crane (Tiger Crane combination) from the Tee Eng Choon and Hung Ee Kan lineage.

OP
TietKiu3

TietKiu3

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
clfsean - nice! I know some of CTS's students(steve ventura and carl albright) via facebook.

Everybody else - thanks for the polite and welcoming replies. I guess I'm alone on this site then..... :(

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
clfsean - nice! I know some of CTS's students(steve ventura and carl albright) via facebook.

Everybody else - thanks for the polite and welcoming replies. I guess I'm alone on this site then..... :(

Awesome! Sifu Ventura is my Sigung. I'm not too active here lately, but I'm around!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Technically my sensei practices Fu Jow Pai, which from what I have been informed is heavily based on hung gar. I don't practice it though-I know two forms but do not practice them much and am always told that I am not "flowing" correctly for kung fu forms. And the two forms that I have learned are not actually from my sensei's sifu, so may not be directly from Fu Jow Pai, but I have been told that I need to learn them before learning the forms from his lineage. I don't fully understand it, but it's not particularly important to me.

OP
TietKiu3

TietKiu3

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Technically my sensei practices Fu Jow Pai, which from what I have been informed is heavily based on hung gar. I don't practice it though-I know two forms but do not practice them much and am always told that I am not "flowing" correctly for kung fu forms. And the two forms that I have learned are not actually from my sensei's sifu, so may not be directly from Fu Jow Pai, but I have been told that I need to learn them before learning the forms from his lineage. I don't fully understand it, but it's not particularly important to me.

What are the two forms?

Latest Discussions