Hello to all!

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New member here. Like the tone and feel of this board, and look forward to getting to know everyone.
--kidswarrior

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Tell us about yourself. What style do you study, how long and interests in other arts type stuff.

OP
kidswarrior

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Tell us about yourself. What style do you study, how long and interests in other arts type stuff.

Well, I have a long and checkered past. But I'll go easy on you and just give the short version. Wrestling and boxing as a teen. Four years in Vietnam era US Navy. A bunch of dumb street fights along the way. Then, when my daughter went off to college, I finally had the time, a little cash, and the good sense to start exploring Asian martial arts. Have studied hapkido, Shaolin kempo, American Kenpo, and kung fu san soo (Jimmy Woo's art).

Had to really cut back on taking classes a couple of years ago due to decades of injuries, which gave me opportunity, motive, and lack of alibi to start my own club. I teach a hybrid of all four above arts (got black belts in three of them, for whatever that's worth--3rd dan, now), and call it Kempo Kung Fu. Teach mostly adjudicated kids after school, and have seen many turn from street kids, to getting off court probation, to becoming model students and normal teens (or is that an oxymoron? Well, my wife thinks I'm a moron, at any rate).

I really like the feel of this board. Very open and friendly, yet knowledgeable and efficiently run. And seems like most people check their egos at the door. My kind of place! Thanks for the welcome.

kidswarrior

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, KW, and welcome to MartialTalk—it's good to have you with us! I've very impressed by people who can make a positive difference in the lives of troubled kids. You have an unusually broad mix of Chinese/Japanese and Korean MAs in your training background, it sounds like—I'm looking forward to your posts.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...Looking forward to your posts...

Latest Discussions