Hello, Just Joined.

Warrior1256

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just joined yesterday. I came into the martial arts late in life, in my early 40s. Originally from WV transplanted to Kentucky after retirement. Look forward to interacting with all of you good folks.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to mt, never too late to join martial arts though. As long as putting in the effort there will always be rewards Whether its confidence, self defense, physical fitness or even if it's just a hobby

OP
W

Warrior1256

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you. To answer the question that some of you have asked I am a 1st Dan in Shotokan Karate and a 2nd Dan in Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu. As a young man I boxed in the Golden Gloves and AAU and am an avid firearms shooter.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you. To answer the question that some of you have asked I am a 1st Dan in Shotokan Karate and a 2nd Dan in Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu. As a young man I boxed in the Golden Gloves and AAU and am an avid firearms shooter.

What is your firearm of choice?

OP
W

Warrior1256

White Belt
Reaction score
What is your firearm of choice?

Well, that depends on the circumstances. For concealed carry in warm weather I carry a 5 shot S & W 642 .38 Airweight. In cool weather I usually carry a Glock 21SF .45 semi-auto. For home protection I have a tactical 12 gauge shotgun. I have a modest collection of handguns, rifles and shotguns and enjoy taking each of them to the range, not all at the same time of course. Too expensive.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Welcome on board. This is a somewhat special place, sometimes lovingly referred to as The Happy Hours Home for the Hopelessly Helpless. :rofl:

Always glad to see another "later in lifer" get started. I started the first time when I was 16, then sat out for nearly 20 years and started the second time when I was 38.

Latest Discussions