SUNY Geneseo, the best school that almost nobody has ever heard of :p

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've heard of it. :) Had a GF who went there oh, 12 or so years back. Was a great Chinese place in town at the time. :) Hell of a drive out there, but a very nice campus.

OP
W

Wynergy

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes, it's beautiful here, especially in the summer. The nice chinese place got demolished, but my friends and I support the current one. They love us! Also, there's apparently a pretentious karate club, but since 4 of us are learning BJJ here, we may start up something for that instead... assuming we can get mats!

MardiGras Bandit

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi. If you don't mind me asking, where do you go to school? I just graduated from Fredonia State and ran the BJJ club there. I also helped some people in the area start the college club at Buffalo State. If you ever try to get one running, feel free to ask advice about what to do. The process is pretty standard in most cases and I would be glad to give you any help I could offer.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I should read the whole thread before I post a question you answered. If you try to start a grappling club make sure to highlight the differences between BJJ and karate, otherwise the people in charge might just dismiss you with a "we already have a karate club" excuse. Also, if you can get money there is at least one good BJJ school in Rochester and you could probably get the instructor for seminars. Where do you train now? Your instructor might be able to help you with any potential club, even if he just offers up advice.

Latest Discussions