Hello from Saratoga Springs, NY

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I am just getting back into martial arts after about 20 years (I studied in the Army as an MP). My choice is Combat Hapkido since this really matches what I studied in the past -- and I found it a lot of fun.

I am looking forward to starting class after I heal from a thyroid surgery in early January. A goal to shoot for. I love forums, so I was happy to find this one.

Happy holidays everyone!

Diana

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Diana and welcome to Martial Talk, we have alot of combat Hapkido folks here.

OP
gkygrl

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to reading and learning and contributing where I can ... although it has been a LONG time since I studied any martial arts -- I am so excited to be getting back into it. Even if I am about 25 years older than my Army days :) LOL

OP
gkygrl

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome

Are you returning to Hapkido or something else?

I am starting Combat Hapkido. The method I learned in the US Army / SWAT training was a mix of Judo / BJJ and some other techniques geared towards "quick kill" and self-defense. I was 18-19 at the time. Crazy fun :)

Combat Hapkido seems to really fit where I was and I have found a local school that teaches it and has a great philosophy. I'm really excited about it.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..I too am a Combat Hapkido practioneer..Looking forward to your posts...

OP
gkygrl

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've been on the board for one day only and can I just say something .... you guys and gals are some of the nicest and most respectful bunch I've ever come across on a forum of any kind.

I guess it comes with being an MA practitioner and the idea of mutual respect.

Thank you, what a nice welcome. I look forward to participating and learning more.

:cheers:

Latest Discussions