Hello Everyone

the gimp

White Belt
Reaction score
I stumbled across martialtalk a few weeks ago and i just signed on.

I know im not the most experienced fighter nor do i pretend to so please bare with me from time to time.

I studied bjj when I was younger before my car accident, and since i have studied some shaolin.

Im an above knee amputee, and i have alot of other issues due to the accident.

I have tried to incorporate the two for self defense, and also have learned to take advantage of a prosthesis :angel:
I have never been to a martial art school to learn i have learned what i know from friends and family

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and thanks for finding us. There is something for everyone here at MT. There are people from newbie to many years of experience, so jump in anywhere, and enjoy.
icon7.gif

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and thanks for finding us. There is something for everyone here at MT. There are people from newbie to many years of experience, so jump in anywhere, and enjoy.
icon7.gif

What he said. :D

Welcome to Martial Talk!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something...Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I stumbled across martialtalk a few weeks ago and i just signed on.
I know im not the most experienced fighter nor do i pretend to so please bare with me from time to time.
I studied bjj when I was younger before my car accident, and since i have studied some shaolin.
Im an above knee amputee, and i have alot of other issues due to the accident.
I have tried to incorporate the two for self defense, and also have learned to take advantage of a prosthesis :angel:
I have never been to a martial art school to learn i have learned what i know from friends and family

Welcome man! My best friend is in a wheelchair and he's a big proponent of aikido. There's also a gentleman we bump into from time to time at concerts who lost a leg too and he showed us some amazing videos of him doing kata and some amazing stuff with his prosthesis.

OP
T

the gimp

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome man! My best friend is in a wheelchair and he's a big proponent of aikido. There's also a gentleman we bump into from time to time at concerts who lost a leg too and he showed us some amazing videos of him doing kata and some amazing stuff with his prosthesis.

what is aikido

yea those prosthesis give a slight advantage expecially in grappling :ultracool

OP
T

the gimp

White Belt
Reaction score
never mind my question i just pulled some info up on it

Latest Discussions