hello, everyone!

rustyself

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
my name is rusty self, im currently studying Tang Soo Do in the WTSDA under GM JC Shin.

my martial arts training started at the age of 8, in judo in panama city, fl. from there i went to an american style called tansui.

i am now 34, and a 5th gup in the WTSDA. no other style i have ever trained in used hyungs, but i am enjoying them alot. i find the bunkai of the hyungs to be especially interesting.

i have a wife and 4 children, 2 13 year old girls, 1 7 year old girl, and one 4 year old boy. and my whole family has gotten involved in training in the dojang.

we have a good time:)

anyway, nice to be here!

rusty

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to the forum
I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to reading your thoughts on many subjects

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Rusty!!

Welcome to MartialTalk! Please be sure to stop by the Korean Arts section of the forum.

I really enjoy getting the family involved in MA. It is a great way to spend time together, grow, and build memories and shared experiences. My father, brother, and I took karate together when I was a kid. Now, at age something-more-than-34, I enjoy Tae Kwon Do with my son and daughter.

There is a saying:
"The Family that kicks together, sticks together"
(or maybe, "The family that sweats together, sticks together" ;) )

Kanoy919

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Rusty,

I plan on getting my family into MA also. My daughter is currenlty 3. We're doing a little bit mixed in with her play at home. I'll probaby wait until she's 5 or 6 before officially starting her.

Anyway enough of me, Happy Posting!

Cheers,

Latest Discussions