Hello again and doing kenpo again

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello everybody, do you remeber me? I am Manny from Mexico, I am a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and right now I am returning to American kenpo Karate by Ed Parker.

Well... I just got very desapointed about TKD these days and desapointed with owner of the dojang so for health sake I leave the dojang on Febraury. I just can't stand the way TKD has become going form a very nice and efective martial art to a a chase and tap game. So I just returned to American Kenpo Karate (I am an orange belt) and things seems to workin out well for me, I am having such a nice time!

I am a little rusty and a little out of time, nothing disturbing but I think in a few weeks will be flowing right again.

Well I will be here asking and sharing with you.

El Manny.
The Mexican kid.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
What I am looking for here in Kenpo Karate is as follows: 1.-Have a great time in dojo, I really need it because my job is a very demanding one full of ansiaty and stress and doing martial arts is something I love to do, 2.-Upgrading my TKD and improving my Martial Arts skills, I am basically a kicker and want to improve overall, I just finished a diplomat in basic Judo that helped me a lot and taking a diplomat in hapkido, and now three timeas a week doing kenpo., 3.-I love self aplied self defense so kenpo has very nice moves... so you can see I want to relax a little while learning new stuff.

Manny

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't forget an orange belt won't be flowing greatly yet so don't set to many expectations you'll still be on the primitive stage of the 3 phases

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't forget an orange belt won't be flowing greatly yet so don't set to many expectations you'll still be on the primitive stage of the 3 phases
you are rigth! Even my techs in kenpo are not so fluidity they are improving, a littel.

Manny

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Manny, you made a good choice with your move to kenpo. I got involved in kempo because of my respect and admiration of for the man and not just his being the teacher. He has been deceased since 2001 and he is still missed terribly. So train on and great luck to you.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, Manny (not sure if you and I ever an into each other on here). Glad to hear you're back on the martial arts journey with the rest of us!

oldsoldier2006

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome back, Manny. I am new here on these forums but I too am making a return to Kenpo, although not in the most conventional way. If you decide to stick with Kenpo this go round, just have patience. Improvement comes in time.

It makes me genuinely happy when someone comes to/returns to martial arts in general as it is so good for maintaining health and builds confidence. It gives us something to talk about as well. So again - welcome back!

Latest Discussions