Hawaiian Kempo Meeting

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
wow, 5 days left. No one is talking about it, but i hope everyone is still planning on attending.
Jesse

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too!

Andy found a job so he will likely be hitching a ride with me as well :)

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score
Steve Bonk and I (with a few students, too) will be there for sure.

-John

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
will be at the meet today
I'll be following Carol in so I can find the place.
Looking forward to meeting everyone

BTW I will not be drinking today as I could not get out of working tonight and must drive back in time to change and work

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I had a good time at our little event. I finally got a chance to meet the people behind the names. I enjoyed the various conversations with all who attended.
:drinky:

The surpise of the evening was that Princes Carol was the quiet one, Shocker.
:idunno:

With luck this will be an annual or bi-annual event.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I also had a good time. Talked with many until about 10 pm.
We then where going over to the Natick Dojo, to exchange some Idears and movment, But the keys could not be found by jesse. Hopfully we do this soon again with a work out in some where...

Best to all.

Kosho

I have Hanshi Juchnik Coming in from Calf. In December. will post and send Info to you all.
This will be a great chance to meet, talk, and train with him...

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score
It was fun last night. Really nice to meet each of you who attended. I told Jesse that we really didn't need keys to get into the dojo
icon10.gif
but he didn't go for it!

Take care,
John

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow....what a GREAT time. It really was wonderful meeting everybody and to learn a bit more about their styles and what they are doing with their schools.

I had a chance to learn a lot more about Kosho, and even had a chance to meet one of Mr. Bock's students. I also learned more about Shaolin Kempo, about some of the things the good folks here are doing with their schools, and I learned about a lot more of everything from KenpoJoe.

Folks if any of you have a chance to meet Joe Rebelo...the man is absolutely astounding!

Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham were fantastic people to get to know as well.

On a side note.

Everyone that can...please keep your prayers and good thoughts going for KempoShaun and his rehab. We need him back on the mats and sharing his knowledge...and he sure as heck wants to be threre too. :)

Greetings all,

This time. ;)

[quote
With luck this will be an annual or bi-annual event.[/quote]

Dunno about the rest of you but I would be all for making this a biannual event. :) :)

Thanks to everyone that helped make it happen! :asian:

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, sucks to be me, missing out on this event. Hopefully I'll be in a position to make the next, or the next, or the next.

However, I must admit ... I'm glad you all had a wonderful time.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry i had to leave so early but I had to get back in time for work.
I enjoyed meeting every one of you and The information being given in some of the conversations was great.
Lets plan on doing this again next year.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I also had a good time. Talked with many until about 10 pm.
We then where going over to the Natick Dojo, to exchange some Idears and movment, But the keys could not be found by jesse.

Hey, dont throw me under the bus -sm=10.. I knew where the keys were i just did not have my car. Haahaa. Well i had a great time yesterday and got to go over some great concepts and meet some interesting people.
Jesse

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I had a good time at our little event. I finally got a chance to meet the people behind the names. I enjoyed the various conversations with all who attended.
:drinky:

With luck this will be an annual or bi-annual event.

HI FOLKS!
I concur w/ Prof. Cunningham, It was a great event,a good time and nice people! It was good to see the nekick group [peggy,john,brian,Linda,...] was well as John,steve and samantha from the kosho group,Shadowchaser and his son,Carol and her friends,Prof.Seavy and his family,Matt Barnes & of course Jesse Dwire with his wife and Paul,& his other students! If i missed anyone else![just remembered Jeff Jones!]! It was a great time conversing on different people on everything from Kosho ryu,Shaolin kempo,Ed Parker's american kenpo,san chai na and more! Unfortunately, as I always say "I talk too much-I never shut up!"",But when you place me in that scenario, i'm in my element! BTW, I should announce that Matt Barnes won the unoffical "Hawaiian Shirt" contest with a hand made shirt by his wife [gotta love those hula girls and tikis!]. Speaking of shirts,Jesse's got a cool new school shirt and I was hoping to get one! The restaurant was an excellent choice and I enjoyed getting the "E-K-G special" pizza [pepperoni,linguica,bacon,hamburg & sausage] was tasty [and artery clogging]!
I really want to take a moment to thank Shaun Seifer for encouraging me to attend and providing transportation to the event. Shaun is going through some medical difficulties right now and having him even attend was a big deal for him right now. He is a good student, a good friend and I thank him for his help,assistance, and offering his assistance and his home during my short visit. I am indebted to you.
Thank you for your time and friendship!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for coming everyone, I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and seeing my old friends. I did take a couple pictures, and they are up as a little slide show at my site.

Looking forward to continuing the conversations that we began there, and to doing this again.

Matt

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After reading Kenpo Joes post I thought I would mention for those that did not count all the names that there where between 20 and 25 people there when I was there. That’s a pretty good turnout for a first meet.

I think we should construct a thank you and send it to the restaurant they treated us with the utmost kindness and we where well taken care of by there staff. I talked with the manager before I left and he said we where welcome anytime and would be happy to have us back again.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. I was hoping to be there, but a few RL things came up and had to pass. I hope that this turns into a yearly event. :)

Latest Discussions