Hawaiian Kempo Meeting

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol, no, that stage ended after the last family get together (10 or so years ago) when one of my uncles said "So, still training in that useless karate? You need to train like those UFC guys, because what are you going to do if someone attacks you like this!" and found himself, virtually unharmed, laying on the ground with me already on the other side of the yard talking to one of my cousins. He's one of the BJJ guys who thinks that the Gracies are our Lord incarnate (No, I have NOTHING against the Gracies folks!). It was slightly amusing, but the rest of the family leaves me alone now, and in MY family, that's a good thing.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be there for sure. Cancelled some other plans so I could make sure I'm there. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:roflmao:

Wild by technogeek standards perhaps ;)

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was in Natick the other day and i saw another Owen O'Leary's. This one was either in a hotel or right next to one. The other one i knew of was further down RTE 9 in a free standing building. Has anyone been to either one? just wondering, i will be back down there next week to check out both places and finalize a good time with a great place. So far i only have about 4 people who have confirmed with me they were coming, GM Cunningham i know you said you would send me a list of people that you knew of.
Thanks,
Jesse

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master D,
I will call them all tonight just to make sure then I will either pm or e-mail you.
I know that Prof. Shuras and Master Seavey were supposted to attend. I do not believe that many from the West Coast or Mid West area's are going to attend.
Four or twenty four matters not, it is a start and we have a great time.
See you then,

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was in Natick the other day and i saw another Owen O'Leary's. This one was either in a hotel or right next to one. The other one i knew of was further down RTE 9 in a free standing building. Has anyone been to either one? just wondering, i will be back down there next week to check out both places and finalize a good time with a great place. So far i only have about 4 people who have confirmed with me they were coming, GM Cunningham i know you said you would send me a list of people that you knew of.
Thanks,
Jesse

Jesse,

As of right now, put my name down. Unless something comes up that I can't get out of, I'll be there.

Mike

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks,
Jesse

I forgot there was two of them. I was thinking of the one that isn't the freestanding one...I was thinking of the one that is at the Hampton Inn in Natick, not far from the John Harvard. Been there a few times with my buddies from The Mathworks. Decent food, lots of room to move around.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I forgot there was two of them. I was thinking of the one that isn't the freestanding one...I was thinking of the one that is at the Hampton Inn in Natick, not far from the John Harvard. Been there a few times with my buddies from The Mathworks. Decent food, lots of room to move around.

I did not know either, which is funny because i must of driven by the one at the hotel 50 times in the past 2 years. I know some are going to want to stay and it does not get any safer than having it right at a hotel... so i will check that out next weds. and give a final thought on where we are going to meet the next day. GM Cunningham, you are right, 4 or 20 it is a start. I met Master John Evans last week and he told me he plans on coming and i know Master Matt Barnes will be there too. Mike and Carol thanks i have you down and 3 others that PM'd me.
Jesse

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'll be there for sure. My wife just added it to the home calendar so nothing should stop me now! And I know that Steve Bonk is going, too.

Are we going to meet at the hotel for sure?

Take care,
John

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Sensei Jesse is going to check out Owen O'Leary's at the hotel for hiself next week just to make sure it fits what we are looking for.

It was a very good place last time I was there but I haven't been there in a coupla' years. I trust his judgement.

Looking forward to meeting you Sensei Evans! :asian:

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks,
Jesse
I will be there also, hopefully on two wheels if the weather holds out....If not my ol' truck knows the path well.....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will be there also, hopefully on two wheels if the weather holds out....If not my ol' truck knows the path well.....

Yaaay! :)

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm a definite, Natick is my old stomping grounds, Joe Rebelo is a probably a good bet too, if I can bus him up to me and then drive to Natick. Just let me know where, we'll be there!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent! It will be good to see you and KenpoJoe. I hope he can make it.

Latest Discussions