Has there ever been showdowns between the tracey system & epk system ?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, that's a little too "Ancient Greece" for my taste. I mena, I know that Pancrase supposedly went from there to India and from India to China etc., but if that's "Old School" then I'll pass.

not if it's co-ed...

G

Gary Crawford

Ya'll might find this interesting. When I started Kenpo(early 70's) in San Jose, I learned from a couple of Philipino brothers who learned from their Dad and ended up training with Al Tracy after coming to the states. At some point in time(before my walking in) they opened their own little independent school. When we went to tournaments,the Tracy schools absolutely dominated. They were awsome, but I must say they were the majority of the referees as well. That was a very LONG time ago,but I do remember a few matches getting quite ugly with everyone in the place getting mad. We were definatly out numbered,so we bowed out a couple of times to keep the peace. I know the trouble makers were only two or three people,but there are always a few of those no matter where and when.

SunWuKong

White Belt
Reaction score
Here in Illinois our Tracy's School had a showdown with a Kung Fu school from the nearby AFB. Let's just say they weren't very good :( . They came to our school, but we let them pick the rules... It's wasn't the fault of the students... Their teacher taught them... ugh...

Anyway, the next best thing I've experienced is rivalry with another Tracy's school out of St. Louis. It's all in good fun :)

Latest Discussions