Has anyone met the person that started their association?

OP
G

Galvatron

I've met the founder of my Tang Soo Do organization more times that I can count (we're in the same city), and I attempt to avoid him as much as possible.

:)

KajuMom

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
At a seminar this past September I met Sijo Adriano Emperado, not only the founder of the association that our school belongs to, but the founder of the art. Very cool.

OP
T

The Prof

Hi Zepp,

Yes, I'm sorry, after I thought about it I did remember that it was Chung Do Kwan. When I met him he was teaching a class at the school of Young Koo Lee in Manhatten. Does that name ring any kind of a bell" It was so long ago.

I am glad that he is still on the sceen. Thanks for the info and sorry aobut the mistake.

The Prof.
Zepp said:
If you're question was directed at me with regard to Mr. Son, I think he's 82. And he still teaches class 5 days a week. Our style is actually Chung Do Kwan, but there are a lot of similarities between it and Moo Duk Kwan. :asian:

OP
R

rainbows

I've trained with Mr. Don Dalton, founder of the IUTF, lots of times (including at a seminar today which was really fun :boing2: ).
I've never met any of the big Korean high-ups in the ITF though.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
The Prof said:
Hi Zepp,
Yes, I'm sorry, after I thought about it I did remember that it was Chung Do Kwan. When I met him he was teaching a class at the school of Young Koo Lee in Manhatten. Does that name ring any kind of a bell" It was so long ago.

I am glad that he is still on the sceen. Thanks for the info and sorry aobut the mistake.

No apology is necessary. I'm afraid I haven't heard of Young Koo Lee before, but I'm relatively young, so I'm not the best person to ask.

OP
T

The Prof

Thank You Sir!

Prof

Zepp said:
No apology is necessary. I'm afraid I haven't heard of Young Koo Lee before, but I'm relatively young, so I'm not the best person to ask.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have also attended one Aikido training session with Takashi Kushida-sensei, as well as the Christmas party. I have not, however, met him face to face. Aikido culture is very formal, and unless you are an Instructor, you don't just walk up to the Grandmaster and introduce yourself. Perhaps at my next training session I will formally meet him.

OP
O

OC Kid

I didnt meet the Grand Master who founded my system. He was in Japan. However I trained with the Master who he left the system to. Now G.M.> I also trained with the master.

I have seen ( I didnt want to disturb) Mr Parker, I seen Linda Lee ( Bruce Lees widow) I didnt talk cuz same thing I didnt want to disturb.

Ive met and had extensive conversations with Ted Tabura Grand Master Lima Lama,
Trained with Bob White, John "Big T" Turnage ( my current G.M.)
Ive met Dan Anderson , I even seen him fight a few times, I met and fought the guys he talked about in one of his books on fighting tatics, Robert Edwards, Mel Cherry

Ive met Billy Blanks and watched him fight.
Ive met Arlene Limas and watched her fight , Who won a Gold Medal in the Olympics in TKD when it was introduced.

But I do regret never training with the founder of the system I originally was ranked in.

macca1980

White Belt
Reaction score
I recently went for my 1st grading and met the Kupso founder Allan Buchan.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, I've trained with the founder Remy Presas and with the head of the org. I am in since his passing, MT co-founder Tim Hartman!

Latest Discussions