Hartman's Color Code -- which are you?

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations. You are YELLOW.

YELLOWS are motivated by FUN. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. YELLOWS need to be adored and praised. While YELLOWS are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. YELLOWS typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
YELLOWS need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. YELLOWS are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. YELLOWS are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When others interact with you, as a YELLOW you respond to them best if they take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions with you.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Understand that no two YELLOWS are exactly alike. Although you share the same core motivation as many others, your personality is still unique to you alone.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I try to be peaceful. Shouldn't that at least account for something?

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm apparently white. Funny, it's the first time my being white has made me a minority.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt said:
I'm apparently white. Funny, it's the first time my being white has made me a minority.
So could you post what it says about being white?

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
interesting. i came up red.

side effect: the stress on how you were as a child brought forward some very specific benefits i've received from martial arts. changes for the better since i was a child.

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
So could you post what it says about being white?

Certainly! I felt that the colors are really just arbitrary labels, the description seems reasonably accurate.

Congratulations. You are WHITE.

WHITES are motivated by PEACE. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, WHITES are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

WHITES need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. WHITES want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. WHITES are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. WHITES are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When others interact with you, as a WHITE you respond to them best if they are kind, accepting and supporting of your individuality, and if they look for non-verbal clues to understand your feelings.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somewhat true I guess

Your Existing Situation

Exercises initiative in overcoming obstacles and difficulties. Either holds, or wishes to achieve, a position of authority in which control can be exerted over events.

Your Stress Sources

Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates her and inhibits her readiness to give herself freely. While she wants to surrender and let herself go, she regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, she feels, will lift her above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

Your Restrained Characteristics

Relationships rarely measure up to her high emotional expectations and her need to be made the center of things, leading to disappointment . Always has mental reservations and tends to remain emotionally isolated and unattached. Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective

Over-imaginative and given to fantasy or day-dreaming. Longs for interesting and exciting things to happen and wants to be admired for her charm.

Your Actual Problem
Feels insufficiently valued in her existing situation, and is seeking different conditions in which she will have greater opportunity of demonstrating her worth.

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My results foir the second quiz:

Your Existing Situation

Seeks to express the need for identification in a sensitive and intimate atmosphere where esthetic or emotional delicacy can be protected and nurtured.

Your Stress Sources

An existing situation or relationship is unsatisfactory, but he feels unable to change it to bring about the sense of belonging which he needs. Unwilling to expose his vulnerability, he therefore continues to resist this state of affairs, but feels dependent on the attachment. This not only depresses him, but makes him irritable and impatient, producing considerable restlessness and the urge to get away from the situation, either actually or, at least, mentally. Ability to concentrate may suffer.

The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of things as they are.
Distressed by the obstacles with which he is faced and is no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on him. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress him further. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.

Your Actual Problem

Anxiety and a restless dissatisfaction, either with circumstances or with unfulfilled emotional requirements, have produced considerable stress. He reacts by putting this down to a total lack of understanding on the part of others, and by adopting a scornful and defiant attitude.

HMMMMM....this test is so WRONG about me!

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My results foir the second quiz:

Your Existing Situation

Seeks to express the need for identification in a sensitive and intimate atmosphere where esthetic or emotional delicacy can be protected and nurtured.

Your Stress Sources

An existing situation or relationship is unsatisfactory, but he feels unable to change it to bring about the sense of belonging which he needs. Unwilling to expose his vulnerability, he therefore continues to resist this state of affairs, but feels dependent on the attachment. This not only depresses him, but makes him irritable and impatient, producing considerable restlessness and the urge to get away from the situation, either actually or, at least, mentally. Ability to concentrate may suffer.

The situation is preventing him from establishing himself, but he feels he must make the best of things as they are.
Distressed by the obstacles with which he is faced and is no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on him. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress him further. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective

Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.

Your Actual Problem

Anxiety and a restless dissatisfaction, either with circumstances or with unfulfilled emotional requirements, have produced considerable stress. He reacts by putting this down to a total lack of understanding on the part of others, and by adopting a scornful and defiant attitude.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
My results for the second quiz:

Are you sure? In-so-far people have been freaked out by how "accurate" the test is here. Take a deeper look and see. Perhaps it is wrong... but perhaps you were taking the test in anticipation of the results. Hmm, if I pick this order then it'll say... this. ??
The results changes from day to day because your color choices will change according to that day. We psychologically (subconciously) choose colors in relation to how we are feeling. How we dress (GI's notwithstanding) can be an indication to our feelings, subtle clues.

My results were close to home. Have to re-think the answers and how they're relating to me at the present. Interesting to say the least.

By the way you posted twice :)wink1: )

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah sorry about that (the double post)

I only took the test once.....I suppose you are right...but these results are wrong about how I see myself!

Latest Discussions