Happy Presidents Day! Who is your favorite/least favorite president?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Oh for the love of Pete, I thought this was an open thread about fave/least fave Presidents? If all the folks who love W want to post, all well and good.

Is there something going on with MT lately?
Somthin in the Water maybe.

Maybe I am just cranky latley.

I look at it like this:

Imagine I post a ton of posts bashing, hell I dunno... Fords. Then I make a Post saying, Hey Everyone whats your Most Favoirte and Least Favorite American Car Manufacturer!

Id see that as an open invitation to bash Fords.

But again, Maybe its just cuz Ive been crabby latley.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

I look at it like this:

Imagine I post a ton of posts bashing, hell I dunno... Fords. Then I make a Post saying, Hey Everyone whats your Most Favoirte and Least Favorite American Car Manufacturer!

Perhaps my own words would help sooth your ire...

In honor of getting the day off of work, I'd like to dedicate a thread to talking about your favorite and least favorite presidents. Please jump in with some names and some reasons why. If you disagree with someone's assessment, jump into the fray.

And if you take a look at my reply, I'm wasting too much of anyone's time.

Least Favorite President - George W. Bush

I'm not going to beat this one to death. As far as my personal ideology goes, I don't think that there could be an administration that is so diametrically opposed to my beliefs. In a general sense, though, I feel that in terms of the office itself, I can't stand how his administration handles itself. They have shown continually that they will do just about anything to ram through their (secret) agenda. The Bush administration that works dilligently to cloister itself off from public review. There reliance on secret meetings and "inner circles" is alarming and they way they spin webs of lies and half truths is disgusting. I think that history may look back on this administration and call it "the great hangover." When the smoke clears and the mirrors are all broken, we'll probably be looking at another Andrew Johnson. It will probably take 50 years to clean up the mess they made.

A couple of things...

1. "Bashing" implies that criticism is unwarrented. Care to stand behind that one?
2. I haven't forced anyone to choose anything. There are a lot of presidents to pick from, TP.

T

TonyM.

Abe still holds up for me after close scrutiny. Can't say that about many others.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of, or have any information on, why so many historians think that Abe Lincoln was gay or bisexual????

:idunno:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Has anyone heard of, or have any information on, why so many historians think that Abe Lincoln was gay or bisexual????

It's not really "so many." It's one dude who wanted to make a name for himself and wrote a book on it, as far as I have heard.

Paul

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:

Although, I will say that I hope that Abe Lincoln was gay. That would mean that the ol' stars and bars got their asses kicked by a ...well...gay guy...

How awesome is THAT!

:lol:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

I look at it like this:

:rofl:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:

???!?!?!?!???

Like ... which historians?

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
3 Best Presidents:

1. Abraham Lincoln (If only he wasn't assassinated and finished his last term, racism would have ended much much sooner)

2. Ronald Reagan (No one can doubt this, any other president and we would be in nuclear war with the Soviets)

3. George W. Bush :p (Great wartime president, a moral man of honor. Stomped a mudhole into terrorists, reducing them to a handful)

3 Worst Presidents:

1. Andrew Johnson (Created a huge mess, made racism even worse. Worse president ever)
2. Bill Clinton (Made the president's role a joke by cheating on his wife, and reduced the US military and security to almost as worse as Canada thus creating 9/11)
3. Not Sure

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
???!?!?!?!???

Like ... which historians?

I can't remember. I heard the story on NPR and ended up listening to it for 20 minutes in the driveway...

JPR

Green Belt
Reaction score
Favorites: Lincoln and Truman. I admire both of them for their leadership. I also like Truman because he was so plain spoken and blunt.

Least Favorite: LBJ and Nixon. I dislike LBJ for his arrogance, and Nixon because his lying did so much damage to the office.

JPR

M

Melissa426

upnorthkyosa said:
I can't remember. I heard the story on NPR and ended up listening to it for 20 minutes in the driveway...
found this on a Yahoo search? Does this ring a bell?
http://www.gayheroes.com/abe.htm

Although to read it, it sounds like the author had a serious axe to grind. The part I read says he isn't a historian at all, but a psychologist and former researcher with A. Kinsey.

True or not, Lincoln ranks up there in the top 5 at least, I'd include T. Roosevelt and H.S. Truman and T. Jefferson in the list, too.

I personally think it's too soon to judge anyone from Ford on.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
I personally think it's too soon to judge anyone from Ford on.

Thanks for the source.

I think that last statement carries a bit of wisdom now that I think about it...

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
kid said:
This is from a contest on Long Island, New York. The requirements

were to use the two words Lewinsky (The Intern) and Kaczynski (the Unabomber) in a limerick. Here are the three winners:

Third place:

There once was a gal named Lewinsky, Who played on a flute like Stravinsky, 'Twas "Hail to the Chief",On this flute made of beef, That stole the front page from Kaczynski.

Second place: Said Clinton to young Ms. Lewinsky, We don't want to leave clues like Kaczynski, Since you made such a mess, Use the hem of your dress, And wipe that stuff off of your chinsky.

And the winning entry: Lewinsky and Clinton have shown, What Kaczynski must surely have known: That an intern is better, Than a bomb in a letter When deciding how best to be blown.

Can you believe it? Monica Lewinsky turned 28 this week. It seems like only yesterday she was crawling around the Oval Office on her >hands and knees.
Source please. I live there, and got that set of limericks in an email from a friend overseas.

Don't Bash STRONG Island.

Latest Discussions