Hapkido Unification

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The guild of master craftsmen.

Anyone can join if they meet the membership criteria, and being a member brings benefits such as license to use the crest (for customer recognition), amongst a host of other things.

A member agrees to uphold the standards set by the guild.

The guild offers no system of qualification and no trade/craft training (although there are guild certified training enterprises.

So, a business or individual can be a member and advertise that fact, but it doesn't mean the guild controls how they were trained or certified.

Have I gone mad and started rambling? Let's consider:

The usual. There are no WT schools.

Well, there are WT schools, and there aren't.

There are no WT "style" schools, because WT does not have a curriculum. It is not a style.

There are WT schools because a school can join the federation through various means, bring a national association, a member of a member federation, an associate member, etc. This joining brings benefits such as license to use the symbology related to the federation (for customer recognition, outside of Korea and outside of a relatively small group of people who have researched, who has ever heard of kukkiwon? I had heard of the WT(F) through things like the Olympics, but it was more than year of ITF tkd, and following personal research, that kkw even existed in my mind) and access to other sanctioned benefits.

WT school = guild member

WT style school = guild style member (neither of which exist)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Further to the above, if you visit worldtaekwondo.org and find "members" it will allow you to click on your continent, and from there find your affiliated national association, and from there to something like a "club finder", which details schools available to you.

Ergo, WT schools.

They aren't WT style schools, because such thing does not exist, but they are WT affiliated schools.

Latest Discussions