Gun laws in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well at least your government has some common sense, something we can't say about the US government.

All those people that say: "i need a gun to protect my home" are crazy as hell, the chances of a child getting his or her hands on that firearm in the house is more likely than beeing robbed in your house.
Oh boy.................we should just stick to discussing Hot Australian woman

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are starting down a road again we don't want to take, where this thread is concerned, unofficial (advice).

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well we do lack common sense and are crazy as hell so you can't really blame us

D

Dylan9d

It is noticeable when you criticize the weapon crazed American that you receive a new reputation here as "disrespectful".

Only confirms my previous post ��

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is noticeable when you criticize the weapon crazed American that you receive a new reputation here as "disrespectful".

Only confirms my previous post ��

To be fair though, calling people as crazy as hell is maybe not the way forward. You could say you disagreed, you thought they were wrong or mistaken rather than crazy. Crazy people do not like to be called crazy.....( joke, people before you have a go)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
To be fair I think not having guns in crazy and giving up your right to protect yourself and your family is lacking common sense........... But we're not allowed to discuss topics like that here anymore

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair I think not having guns in crazy and giving up your right to protect yourself and your family is lacking common sense........... But we're not allowed to discuss topics like that here anymore

Yep the arguments used to get very personal which is a shame really as it would make an interesting debate if conducted in a dispassionate way but I think for many they have more invested in the gun argument than the rest of us. I think too in the US owning a gun is a symbolic act as much as a practical one so the arguments we have pro and against guns outside the US tend to be more about the actual gun ownership than about what it represents. I've never expressed a view on US gun control other to tell people not to bring other countries into the argument, it doesn't concern us and really you wouldn't be thankful if we poked our noses into your business so vice versa applies too.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep the arguments used to get very personal which is a shame really as it would make an interesting debate if conducted in a dispassionate way but I think for many they have more invested in the gun argument than the rest of us. I think too in the US owning a gun is a symbolic act as much as a practical one so the arguments we have pro and against guns outside the US tend to be more about the actual gun ownership than about what it represents. I've never expressed a view on US gun control other to tell people not to bring other countries into the argument, it doesn't concern us and really you wouldn't be thankful if we poked our noses into your business so vice versa applies too.
I think you need look no farther then the riots in Furguson Missouri that are about to start in the next few days. The local police have basically said we won't be able to help most of you so your on your own. So your left with 2 choices leave and hope your home is still standing when you get home. Or stay and defend what you have worked your whole life for. Me I'd send my wife and kids away and I'd stay to protect what's mine. That's one of many reasons.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need look no farther then the riots in Furguson Missouri that are about to start in the next few days. The local police have basically said we won't be able to help most of you so your on your own. So your left with 2 choices leave and hope your home is still standing when you get home. Or stay and defend what you have worked your whole life for. Me I'd send my wife and kids away and I'd stay to protect what's mine. That's one of many reasons.

Are these annual riots? that's not facetious, we have annual riots in Northern Ireland in what's called the Marching Season. That's when the Orange Lodges (the Protestants) march with bands through the Catholic areas. It's provocation and causes no end of damage as well sometimes as loss of life. No, the Northern Ireland situation hasn't been resolved, it's better but no peace yet.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are these annual riots? that's not facetious, we have annual riots in Northern Ireland in what's called the Marching Season. That's when the Orange Lodges (the Protestants) march with bands through the Catholic areas. It's provocation and causes no end of damage as well sometimes as loss of life. No, the Northern Ireland situation hasn't been resolved, it's better but no peace yet.
No they are in response to a police officer shooting and killing an unarmed black male. There is some dispute to what actually happened. But we have a grand jury system here where the evidence is given to the jury to decide if they should or should not criminally charge the officer with shooting the guy. Well that went from peaceful protests to now looting burning stealing and destroying the community. Well the Grand Jury decision about charges is expected this week. The "protesters" I call then criminals but either way they have said if the officer isn't charged the city will burn. National guard is already called in for standby. Police departments all over the country have been told to prepare for civil unrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions