Greetings

Buddy

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Buddy Tripp. I live and teach in America's Home Town, Plymouth MA. I teach Yizong Gao style baguazhang. My teacher is Luo Dexiu of Taiwan (you may have seen his videos). I also studied baguazhang, Wu taijiquan, xingyiquan, and Taoist neigong for many years with B. K. Frantzis.
Cheers,
Buddy

A

archmagician

Wow! What a glorious set of famous instructors!

One of my former teachers, who I have the utmost respect for as a martial artist and teacher, Tim Cartmell, also studied under Luo Dexiu. I also have seen Luo's video and it is an excellent one. As far B.K. Frantzis is concerned, I am currently reading "The power of the internal martial arts", and I find it to be an excellent book!

One of these days I will seek to learn baguazhang, but not until I have a deep understanding of my current art, 7 star praying mantis.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome :cheers:
Always good to see more practitioners of the Chinese arts.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay here! :)

Mike

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Be welcome here

I look forward to reading your post in the Chineses section or anywhere else. We have a small but growing community of practitioners in the Chineses arts and some good theads devoted to the internal arts. Please feel free to ask questions , start threads, and give information.

V

Vadim

Hi Buddy! Welcome to Martial Talk forums. :asian:

-Vadim

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Buddy and welcome to MartialTalk. Have a look around, enjoy your stay and happy posting!

GK

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi Buddy, again welcome to the forum... If you have a question about the forum and can't find the answer, post a thread in the support forum. Enjoy posting! TW

OP
B

Buddy

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome. I will be mostly posting on the Taiji list, or the general CMA list (there is no bagua/xingyi section). I did a little Silat Sera with Pak Vic DeThouars so a tiny bit on the SEA lists. I may be somewaht controversial because I have IMO a fair understanding about baguazhang. I hope you all inspect my posts and reply in kind.

BTW in my opinion if you want a real understanding about silat or kuntao the DeThouars are without peer. Although I am not in current favor with the family, I have nothing but the utmost respect for them.
Cheers,
Buddy
Yizong Baguazhang

Latest Discussions