Great TKDTimes article Jan '09

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those of you who have expressed interest in going to the Kukkiwon to attend the "Foreign Instructor's Course" there's a great article in the January 2009 TKDTimes by Master Gordon White.

I highly reccommend the article for any Kukki-TKD folks who are considering the trip.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those of you who have expressed interest in going to the Kukkiwon to attend the "Foreign Instructor's Course" there's a great article in the January 2009 TKDTimes by Master Gordon White.

I highly reccommend the article for any Kukki-TKD folks who are considering the trip.

Do you have a link to the article?

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not on their site. I had to break down & buy the magazine.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I picked up the January issue right before Christmas, along with Blackbelt and a book, so I haven't had a chance to devour it yet. I'll read that article this afternoon! Thanks!

Daniel

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I picked up the January issue right before Christmas, along with Blackbelt and a book, so I haven't had a chance to devour it yet. I'll read that article this afternoon! Thanks!

Daniel

I warn you, I've had email conversations with both Gordon White & Miles about their experiences. I'm hooked:ultracool

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is something that I'd like to do, though when I log into the Kukkiwon site, it shows the current state of training to be all 2007 dates. Do they run them every couple of years?

Daniel

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is something that I'd like to do, though when I log into the Kukkiwon site, it shows the current state of training to be all 2007 dates. Do they run them every couple of years?

Daniel

My understanding is that's it every July. Can anyone clarify?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
While I have not read the article, I am sure it will be interesting as Master White had a blog of his trip. He also had a few of my friends along at the Course and I was able to see some of their pictures from the Course.

Basically, the Foreigner Instructor Course is a week-long training every year, generally the last week of July. It is well worth the cost and if anyone is interested in reading my "diary" of my experience, feel free to PM me.