Grandmother Hits Burglar

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39855063/ns/local_news-phoenix_az/

Three generations of a Chandler family fended off a suspected intoxicated 18-year-old intruder on Sunday, including an 80-year-old grandmother who knocked the man over the head with a metal bed frame post.

Wade's 11-year-old daughter, Ivory, ran upstairs and told her grandmother what was happening as her mother was downstairs hitting Galloway with a broom handle. The grandmother came downstairs with the metal bed frame post and struck Galloway over the head with it, Ramer said.

Good for them!! Of course, this part caught my eye.

Shortly after midnight, Elizabeth Wade, 34, discovered a man rifling through her purse inside her car at the family's home in the 1800 block of S. Hudson Street near Germann and McQueen roads, according to Chandler police.

I have to ask....why the hell would you keep your purse in your car? Is it that much of a problem to grab it when you're walking out the front door in the AM? Its things like this that just invite people to break into your car.

DarkShadowfax

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nice! The kid did a nice job too :)

And yeah, keeping anything worthy of some smashed windows in your car would equal to drawing a giant red arrow on it with "Goodies here!"

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife's Jeep Cherokee got broken into because (apparently) she had a lunch bag on the passenger seat. It had a cookie in it. The back side window the thief broke cost $325 to replace and took a week (in the winter time) to get in stock. Insurance paid none of it, of course. $500 deductible. That was one expensive cookie. I would have loved to have caught the kid that did it. Pain. Lots of pain.

altc

White Belt
Reaction score
Good on them!

No doubt they will be retelling this story of defending their castle for years to come! Luckily though that nobody was hurt. Good outcome.

Latest Discussions