Grandmaster Chow

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
regretted to inform that grandmaster Chow Tze Chuen had passed away today...

Sent from my 404SH using Tapatalk

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That first generation of Ip Man students are practically gone. Still remaining are Andrew Ma in Hong Kong who does not teach and
my sigung Ho Kam Ming who has retired from teaching.. Unfortunately nowadays there are lots of self proclaimed sifus who
are products of watching youtobe-ugh.

Chow Tze Chuen was in the second wave of Ip Man's Hong Kong students.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not from his line. I do things differently but I respected him. Donald Mak and Stephen Chan are two of his better known students. Mak has been travelling a lot spreading his sifu's version of wing chun. Indeed- rest in peace.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss, my friend.

R.I.P

OP
kakkattekoi

kakkattekoi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That first generation of Ip Man students are practically gone. Still remaining are Andrew Ma in Hong Kong who does not teach and
my sigung Ho Kam Ming who has retired from teaching.. Unfortunately nowadays there are lots of self proclaimed sifus who
are products of watching youtobe-ugh.

Chow Tze Chuen was in the second wave of Ip Man's Hong Kong students.
yes you are right
its a real pity........

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
yes you are right
its a real pity........

:(

This only gives me more incentive to go to make sure I am free when Sigung William Cheung comes to the US this year (date still in flux) and, while not strictly WC related, go to VA in April to see Guro Dan Inosanto. There is a generation of great Martial Artists that we are losing to time and I want to see if I can learn even just a little bit from them personally before it's too late.

hkreporting

White Belt
Reaction score
Another Yip Man student, Wong Long, is still going strong in HK and teaches a small group of students once a week. He chisaus with his student for 2-3 hours each time. There's an interesting article about him at www.hongkongreporting.com under "Crouching Tiger...."