Good Ideas for the Martial Arts

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
is this supposed to be things that ARE currently good: "All the sources you can use that were not available in the past - books, videos, internet...etc"

Or things that WOULD be good: "No more my style is better than yours!"

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
weight loss
Increased strength
Friendship
Challenging both mentally and physically

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Better Balance

physically and mentally

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
is this supposed to be things that ARE currently good: "All the sources you can use that were not available in the past - books, videos, internet...etc"

Or things that WOULD be good: "No more my style is better than yours!"
either way it can be past present or future just as long as it is a good discussion

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Using martial arts to better yourself and help others instead of making money and selling out, though it would be easy to do that.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
Using martial arts to better yourself and help others instead of making money and selling out, though it would be easy to do that.
Damm, beat me too it
Friendship, while different in styles, opinions.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To me one of the best things about Martial Arts is that it can improve your life in many ways. Definitely physical fitness and the sense of belonging and friendship, but then there's the beating on each other or beating on the heavy bags, and that part helps channel our aggression hopefully making us more disciplined and patient outside the studio. The sharing of ideas and philosophies via the internet and at seminars where different arts are represented is great too. Also, bringing awareness to people about their own personal safety and the sense of empowerment you get from training that tells you you're worth fighting for.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The abolition of "Mcdojos"

and...

The Rank of Black belt's reputation be restored

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Humility. If you haven't integrated the concept of humility yet into your psyche and your martial art doesn't teach you about it, you learn it the hard way. The best martial artists are those that don't have to say they are or insist on their "way". They are open-minded individuals. They are those that admit that they are sometimes wrong. The best MA leaders lead by example.

Oh, and puzzle mats are right up there too. :) TW

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoy the camaraderie of the training hall. Each individual has their own goals and motivations for training, but we are together during class for each other.

As far as material improvements, I agree that the puzzle mats have saved my knees and back. I also enjoy BOB and Wavemasters.

Miles

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
I enjoy the camaraderie of the training hall. Each individual has their own goals and motivations for training, but we are together during class for each other.

As far as material improvements, I agree that the puzzle mats have saved my knees and back. I also enjoy BOB and Wavemasters.

Miles
I have became somewhat spoiled by the zebra mats I hope to get some for my dojo someday. Right now I have the puzzle mats

Latest Discussions