And now???

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Olimpics are over, I only could see a TKD match and was the Rosario Espinoza (mexican gold medal at Beijin 2008) match where she won the bronze medal. About Mexican TKD fighters I am very desapointed it seems the olimpic cicle was poor, almost all Mexican competitors loose in their first matches and as long as I know the only one who got over tyhe podium was Rosario Espinoza, in the other hand I am reading here the Lopez family returned home without medals.

Well what can I say about olimpic TKD? not much as I did not seen the fights but well the one's I saw the judeges were allowing lighth slaps to the face/helme to count as a 3 points.

I've beebn hearing bad rap about TKD mostly of a Shotokan sensei that seems to be super jaelous about his karate and tries to make see TKD as a kicking sport only plagued with many bad things like the electronic gadgest like the e-hogu, I only stay calm and let the sensei speak but know deep in my heart that TKD is a wonderful martial art and way of life.

Now, it's time to get back to the Martial Art of TKD and keep teaching not only kicks but all the fan of things TKD has ionside of it.

Manny

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
...I've beebn hearing bad rap about TKD mostly of a Shotokan sensei that seems to be super jaelous about his karate and tries to make see TKD as a kicking sport only plagued with many bad things like the electronic gadgest like the e-hogu, I only stay calm and let the sensei speak but know deep in my heart that TKD is a wonderful martial art and way of life....

Not all Shotokan practitioners (including instructors) are negative about other arts and styles - don't let your experience with that sensei tarnish the rest of us :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know if they telecast a lot of TKD here but the little bit I saw was a very poor representation.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not all Shotokan practitioners (including instructors) are negative about other arts and styles - don't let your experience with that sensei tarnish the rest of us :)

Yes I know, in fact the shotokan sensei who is my budy is a smarter person infact he liked the whole idea of the e-hogu and when I showed him Kungam liked a lot. The OTHER sensei some kind of small japanese (he's Mexican) in his talk and behavoir is the one who put a bad rap on TKD AND every time he does that I just smile and raise my hand like saying him... Hey Mr. here I am a TKDoing who enjoys every time you say negative things about TKD, because no matter what Karate won't be a olimpic sport till all the karate stiles and federation and associations will get togheter and work in a straight line in favor of karate.

Manny