GM Lee, Kyu Hyung a possibilty to take over as KKW president?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grandmaster Lee, Kyu Hyung is the head of the Korean National demonstration team. He is responsible for demo at the 1988 Olympics. He is certainly highly respected as an instructor & demo expert worldwide. Does he have the credentials & ability to run the KKW?

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whether he has the backing is certainly an issue. I would also wonder whether he has the type of organizational chops to handle the large task of the Kukkiwon. (I don't know, I'm wondering out loud).

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree the KKW is in a state of shock with everything it is going though. We need someone that will stand up and put there foot down to clean all of the miss up. I hope we get the right person with the right backbone to lead us into the future.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
He would be an interesting choice.

I did not mention him because he was not part of the administrative side of the KKW as far as I could tell. GM Lee did a session in our class on how to put on a demonstration and then he and the KKW demonstration team performed-it was awesome.

BTW, I understand his lineage is Chung Do Kwan. :)

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He would be an interesting choice.

I did not mention him because he was not part of the administrative side of the KKW as far as I could tell. GM Lee did a session in our class on how to put on a demonstration and then he and the KKW demonstration team performed-it was awesome.

BTW, I understand his lineage is Chung Do Kwan. :)

Thanks Miles. I was hoping to get your input on this one. You have insights into these things.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If he is able to provide good solid leadership so that members of the Kukkiwon want to follow him, and if he has good fund raising ability, then he would make a capable Kukkiwon President. Remains to be seen.
If he is Chung Do Kwan, that is a definite plus. Could be that Mr. Uhm recommended him.

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
If he is able to provide good solid leadership so that members of the Kukkiwon want to follow him, and if he has good fund raising ability, then he would make a capable Kukkiwon President. Remains to be seen.
If he is Chung Do Kwan, that is a definite plus. Could be that Mr. Uhm recommended him.

Could you be a Chung Do Kwan Guy?

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Through and through. Proud to be Chung Do Kwan.

Yea but remember there are more than that.
icon10.gif

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd feel safe if the Kukkiwon fell under the control of a -gasp!- Chang Moo Kwan or Ji Do Kwan instructor:)

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd feel safe if the Kukkiwon fell under the control of a -gasp!- Chang Moo Kwan or Ji Do Kwan instructor:)

I do not feel safe with anybody right now, so all we can do is sit back and wait.
icon10.gif