Gloves?

faerie2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am hoping to take a Muay Thai class on the weekends and I would like to buy my own gear, so I don't have to use the stinky 'public' gloves.

The studio sells Boes gloves for about $75, but Canadian Tire sells Everlast for about $40. Is there really a difference in quality between the two brands?

Is there another brand that is preferred?

Thanks!

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am hoping to take a Muay Thai class on the weekends and I would like to buy my own gear, so I don't have to use the stinky 'public' gloves.

The studio sells Boes gloves for about $75, but Canadian Tire sells Everlast for about $40. Is there really a difference in quality between the two brands?

Is there another brand that is preferred?

Thanks!

Yes, there is a difference, but not a bunch.

I suggest Fairtex or Title or Ringside or Reyes, but the Everlast will be fine for now.

Akira

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would recommend Twins, Raja Boxing or King gloves, but if you're only doing it on weekend whatever you can afford is fine.

Try and get leather composite ones if you can.

The only problem I've seen with Everlast is the stitching came loose on one pair. Try them both on and see which is more comfortable.

I would recommend size 10 oz for training.

Jarrod G.

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
contrary to akira, I would recommend heavier gloves fro training. I train with 16oz gloves since those are required for kickboxing tournaments in Canada and training with 10oz. gloves will make it hard to adjust for tournaments and such.

as far as brands go, I preffer twins, but anything will do if you aren't sure whether muay thai is for you or not. Cheaper is better to start out and then if you manage to wear out a pair of boxing gloves you can buy a good pair at which point you should have an idea of what gloves are good for your own personal needs.

Latest Discussions