Boxing gloves recommendation

OP
That-a-Way

That-a-Way

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm thinking to just go with the Venum. The $200 price was for the leather ones. The regular ones cost $100 and seen much better than the Adidas and Everlast.

I'm thinking it's worth to invest as much money as I can into this. If it all works out, I won't be buying new ones for a while.

Why are the Venum below Everlast in that site? I'm guessing there are more expensive and better Everlast models. I think I'll start looking out for those too!

Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my XT1680 using Tapatalk

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm thinking to just go with the Venum. The $200 price was for the leather ones. The regular ones cost $100 and seen much better than the Adidas and Everlast.

I'm thinking it's worth to invest as much money as I can into this. If it all works out, I won't be buying new ones for a while.

Why are the Venum below Everlast in that site? I'm guessing there are more expensive and better Everlast models. I think I'll start looking out for those too!

Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my XT1680 using Tapatalk
According to a few boxers I know, Everlast makes some excellent gloves. But they also make absolute junk too. A lot of elite level pros wear them, but they're most likely not paying for them (free advertising after all), and the ones they're wearing are way more expensive than any hobbyist on a normal salary is going to spend.

I've heard $75-$100 (here in the US) is the range were Everlast stops being junk and starts to be decent.

I just bought a pair of Title Gel World Bag gloves. Cost me $100. It's expensive to me, but that's what everyone told me is the best heavy bag gloves (other than $200+ Cleto Reyes and the like). I've been using Century Brave MMA gloves for a few months, and my knuckles are killing me - swelling, sore, etc.

Hopefully these will do the trick. They just arrived yesterday.

aanna

White Belt
Reaction score
There is many Boxing gloves brands having good quality but i recommend try to buy complete punch bag set, where you will get original Boxing gloves from original brand but locally you can't get quality gloves............!

OP
That-a-Way

That-a-Way

Orange Belt
Reaction score
According to a few boxers I know, Everlast makes some excellent gloves. But they also make absolute junk too. A lot of elite level pros wear them, but they're most likely not paying for them (free advertising after all), and the ones they're wearing are way more expensive than any hobbyist on a normal salary is going to spend.

I've heard $75-$100 (here in the US) is the range were Everlast stops being junk and starts to be decent.

I just bought a pair of Title Gel World Bag gloves. Cost me $100. It's expensive to me, but that's what everyone told me is the best heavy bag gloves (other than $200+ Cleto Reyes and the like). I've been using Century Brave MMA gloves for a few months, and my knuckles are killing me - swelling, sore, etc.

Hopefully these will do the trick. They just arrived yesterday.
I've heard the same. The cheap stuff from Everlast is compete crap, but the good stuff is good :p
There is many Boxing gloves brands having good quality but i recommend try to buy complete punch bag set, where you will get original Boxing gloves from original brand but locally you can't get quality gloves............!
Yeah I guess the brands here aren't the best. Maybe I should order something from eBay or Amazon...

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking to buy some boxing gloves. The most common brands in my country (and therefore, not that expensive) that are made for sparring and not hitting the bag, are Everlast and Adidas. Now, according to my teacher, Adidas are the best option. Has anyone ever used them? Do you recommend Everlast or Adidas, or just something else? The brands that I'm seeing in local stores are:

• Adidas ($70+)
  • Everlast ($60+)
  • Proyec (not Protec) ($40+)
  • Super Pro ($35+)
  • Granmarc ($40+)
  • Budokan Fighter ($60+)
  • Lonsdale ($70+)
  • Venum (Almost $200)
The green ones are the ones that I know are good, there are some more expensive models that seem quite nice, the red ones look not so good (maybe someone used them and can tell me something), and the orange ones look good too, but I don't know anything about them. After those brands, everything is over $100 and that's a bit over budget, but look very good. What do you think?

Have you considered buying used gloves? You can get high quality lightly used gloves for a great price. I've purchased a lot of my gear from eBay. I've been able to purchase premium gear for 30% to 50% cheaper I would buying new.

OP
That-a-Way

That-a-Way

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Have you considered buying used gloves? You can get high quality lightly used gloves for a great price. I've purchased a lot of my gear from eBay. I've been able to purchase premium gear for 30% to 50% cheaper I would buying new.
That's a great idea. I'll look into it.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but they're cheap for a reason. You won't get as much quality use out of them as new ones as they'd already be worn down from previous use

OP
That-a-Way

That-a-Way

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yeah but they're cheap for a reason. You won't get as much quality use out of them as new ones as they'd already be worn down from previous use
Yeah that's why they are cheaper. The idea would be to meet with the seller and check them out. Then, wash them multiple times.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah that's why they are cheaper. The idea would be to meet with the seller and check them out. Then, wash them multiple times.

When you buy online that's not exactly how it works

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

It depends on the seller. I've ordered "used" gear and it was practically brand new. You have to do your research and find the gear that has the least amount of use on eBay. Granted there are sellers that are selling worn out garbage, but you can find nearly brand new gear for a fraction of the price if your willing to shop around and look on eBay.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

You usually can't see them in person. Look at the posted pictures and ask the seller if those are the pics of the actual item. Read the description on the use of the gloves, most sellers will post that if it's used. If not, ask the seller about the use of the gloves. Find out if they're machine washable before purchasing them.

Hope that helps

OP
That-a-Way

That-a-Way

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It depends on the seller. I've ordered "used" gear and it was practically brand new. You have to do your research and find the gear that has the least amount of use on eBay. Granted there are sellers that are selling worn out garbage, but you can find nearly brand new gear for a fraction of the price if your willing to shop around and look on eBay.
Yeah honestly I never bought used stuff. I always sell it, but never buy. Everything I sell is good as new, and I sell it for half the price of a new item. It's always a good deal for my buyers.
You usually can't see them in person. Look at the posted pictures and ask the seller if those are the pics of the actual item. Read the description on the use of the gloves, most sellers will post that if it's used. If not, ask the seller about the use of the gloves. Find out if they're machine washable before purchasing them.

Hope that helps
I may be new in the martial arts business but I always sell used stuff. I always meet in person with the buyer. I would never buy used stuff that I can't "test". I do understand that you can get swindled. It's sort of a high risk-high reward situation. You can get something good as new for half the price, or something that looks good in a picture. I'll definitely be careful. Thanks!

Checking if they are machine washable is a very good idea indeed.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

really, I'm not that panicky over other peoples sweat, a quick blast of disinfectant will do just fine if they are a bit ripe

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dod try on a set of cleto reyes the other day. If you are looking around the $200 mark they are well worth a look.

Latest Discussions