Giving up on Mozilla products

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I'm sorry, but yes, they're fast and no, I don't get pop-ups, but I'm so darn sick and tired of not being able to paste into this text box or into any other user input field on those products, and just recently, I couldn't even type in this field at all using Firefox!

I have uninstalled all Mozilla products and deleted all Mozilla files several times over and I still have the same problem.

So it seems I'm stuck with freaking Internet Explorer! If any of you have any advice, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
G
G,

Okay so I was having the same problem of cutting and pasting into a post while using Mozilla. So I showed a friend of mine that "you need to edit your mozilla config file to allow this to happen" and he looked at me and pushed Shift + Insert and it pasted the damn thing. Talk about feeling stupid :idunno:. Hope this helps.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
bignick said:
Interesting, I switched to firefox a couple months ago and I have not had this problem...maybe you just have a run of bad luck

Same here.....no problems at all

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No problems here. I just highlight what I want to copy, push ctrl-c, and ctrl-p to paste. i've been using mozilla for about 6 months now, and haven't had a single problem with it.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The problem comes with the little paste icon inside the post creation box, it won't work without configuring things.

You can still use the edit menu at the top of the browser, shortcut keys or the little menu that pops up when you right click.

IE is where all the spyware sneaks in, It should never be allowed to do anything online whenever possible.

You can do the same things online with IE and Firefox

After a month IE might come up with a couple hundred pieces of unwanted spyware, firefox will likely produce none.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm... tried all of those, Andrew. None werk.

I'm back to Firefox now - had to remove it before because after a while, I couldn't even type in the text boxes. The version I installed before was Firefox 1.0 with several plug-ins and add-ons. This time I downloaded from a different link on the site and added stuff on. Still can't paste, but can type here.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
The problem comes with the little paste icon inside the post creation box, it won't work without configuring things.
Yep, that doesn't work.

Andrew Green said:
You can still use the edit menu at the top of the browser, shortcut keys or the little menu that pops up when you right click.
The edit menu option works now (did not before - "paste" was grey - not a clickable option), but Ctrl-P brings up the Print menu, and the right-click menu does not show a "Paste" option.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
The edit menu option works now (did not before - "paste" was grey - not a clickable option), but Ctrl-P brings up the Print menu, and the right-click menu does not show a "Paste" option.
When trying to paste something into a reply hit shift+insert to paste it. That is the only way I can cut something from another post/document/etc. and get it into the reply area of a post.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, I'll try that now with the advice you just posted:

When trying to paste something into a reply hit shift+insert to paste it. That is the only way I can cut something from another post/document/etc. and get it into the reply area of a post.

Hey, that works! YIPEEE!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Okay, I'll try that now with the advice you just posted:

Hey, that works! YIPEEE!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
:D... you are so welcome, but I can't take credit actually. It was Andrew "the geek" Green who showed me how to do that on my computer.

Latest Discussions