Giving up on Mozilla products

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but yes, they're fast and no, I don't get pop-ups, but I'm so darn sick and tired of not being able to paste into this text box or into any other user input field on those products, and just recently, I couldn't even type in this field at all using Firefox!

I have uninstalled all Mozilla products and deleted all Mozilla files several times over and I still have the same problem.

So it seems I'm stuck with freaking Internet Explorer! If any of you have any advice, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
G

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had recently started using Mozilla for about two months now. Although it operates differently, I have found that I can "cut n' paste" the long way and it works (like with images, for example). A bit of a pain to do the long way, but it is much better than having to deal with a zillion pop-ups from the previous browser I used.

- Ceicei

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting, I switched to firefox a couple months ago and I have not had this problem...maybe you just have a run of bad luck

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once you've removed all the old versions, I'd try snagging the latest and reinstalling. Something might have gotten corrupted. You can also try Opera as another non-MS alternative.

P

PeachMonkey

Which version are you using?

Running Internet Explorer as your primary web browser (unless you're on a machine running XP SP2 or later, running as a non-Administrator, with plenty of anti-Spyware tools and lots of moxie) is simply asking for trouble.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I'm sorry, but yes, they're fast and no, I don't get pop-ups, but I'm so darn sick and tired of not being able to paste into this text box or into any other user input field on those products, and just recently, I couldn't even type in this field at all using Firefox!

I have uninstalled all Mozilla products and deleted all Mozilla files several times over and I still have the same problem.

So it seems I'm stuck with freaking Internet Explorer! If any of you have any advice, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
G
I have the same problem with the cut and paste thing and find it very frustrating to have to switch to IE to paste something. I have asked a friend of mine who is a bit of a computer geek if he can fix it and next time he is over he is going to try and do something... if it works out, I will let you know.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
:( sorry to hear about your troubles. :(

I've been using firefox now for a while and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Pretty comfortable in echoing BigNick here in saying that it sounds like you just hit a string of bad luck. :(

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried Bob's suggestion of deleting and reinstalling the latest and greatest - have done so five times now.

I am running XP SP2 as administrator, ISP = Netzero. I have used the latest of Mozilla and Firefox.

I may try Opera, Bob.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats really strange! I have bee nusing firefox now for several months both at home and work, and the cut & paste works great for me. I wonder if its a configuration issue? Do you have the plugins and all?

7sm

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking of, has anoyone used Thunderbird much? (email client) I'm thinking of using it, and I'm curious as to experiences others have had with it.

7sm

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Speaking of, has anoyone used Thunderbird much? (email client) I'm thinking of using it, and I'm curious as to experiences others have had with it.

7sm
I don't use it personally but a friend of mine swears by it and all the Linux products. He is such a convert that he has downloaded all their products and uses only them.

T

TonyM.

IE with Googles popup stopper works pretty well. An occasional popunder makes it through. Mozilla seems to be a huge conduit for spybots so I've removed anytrace of it from my system.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Running IE on XP are ya?

Here's a suggestion, gimme your IP address. I always like easy to exploit systems...

:O

J/K

Make sure you keep that darn thing patched. The only time my system was ever compromised was due to an unpacthed exploit in IE, that came into my system via a pop-up ad, and was not stopped by my anti-virus, because it wasnt a virus.

I only use IE at work, I have actually completely uninstalled it from my OS at home.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NALIA: If you find out what's wrong, would you let me know too, please?

7STAR: Yeah, I had the plug-ins.

TECHNO: heh heh heh - I'm looking out for little ninjas sneaking their way in - you'd better watch it! LOL

Okay, I have installed Opera's latest Beta. Lessee how that goes. Anyone have good ideas on free spyware to go along with? Other suggestions on Opera?

Thanks

G

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, John. I'll try those.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use & develop for XP/IE at home & work & have no issues. I use the Google pop up blocker at the office & MSN at home. Only the ocassional pop under gets thru. A little vigilance in keeping patches installed & the every so often mixed run of Adaware & Spybot keeps me running just fine.

Latest Discussions