ghosts

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So I was wondering how many believe in ghosts?
anyone got a stories about something that has happened to them that made them believe in ghosts?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not sure that there is anything that makes me believe in ghosts but I have experienced some strange occurrences from time to time, like a door banging when there was no wind etc. I certainly haven't seen one, and I don't expect to anytime soon. :)

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
when i was young i wanted to be a demonologist as it was called back then and study ghosts. then Amityville horror book came out and i read it and i was scared out of my pants and wanted nothing to do with them. i have had a few wierd things happen in my life but i cant say for sure it was a ghost. i really wish there were ghosts or that i had witnessed something for myself but i havnt. Harry Houdini spent a good portion of his life wanting to belive in ghosts and debunking spirtiualists. on his death he and his wife made a promis that if contact after death were possible they would, and had a secret phrase "rosabelle believe" wife Bess held seances every year on halloween to try and contact him. after 10 years she put out the candle she kept going for him and said "10 years is long enough to wait for any man" Harry has such a passion for life after death i am sure if there was something like ghosts he would have contacted her. however the science of superstring theory says there are 10 dimensions. if this is true it is possible that something like a ghost could remain in higher dimensions after our 3 dimensional bodys are gone.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I watched a cup of water slide off the table in a hospital ER waiting room. My brother, his wife and a neighbor of theirs saw it too. Nurse said it was normal.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i believe :)

i saw one of those people that talks to those that have passed on and she told me about my grandad --- no promting or anything - i just kept quiet --- next thing i know is that i heard a newspaper being shook out (grandad read large sheet newspapers) so i know that he's here with me :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My buddy Richard lived in a hundred year old house with his folks. They went to Maine every year for two weeks so us boys (23 years old at the time) would use the house (respectfully) when they were away for some place for us to chill after work, after workouts etc. One Saturday afternoon we were having tea in the kitchen when I heard slow, creaking, shuffling footsteps on the floor above. (Like an old person walks) I asked Richard who was home. He replied, "It's just a ghost who lives here. He doesn't bother anything."

Richard was a very quiet person, never said much, never got too upset with anything. Me and my other buddy immediately flew up the back stairs, which were right behind us. Nothing. An hour later, the steps were back. His family dog was in the kitchen this time and we watched it watch the ceiling and track the footsteps across the ceiling again. It was very odd. Richard said, "happens every once in a while, been like that since I was a kid. My folks don't care, they were told a ghost lived here by the previous owners who were really old. And - it always walks the same way, front of the house to the back, never anywhere else."

I hadn't believed in ghosts at the time, but some people I know well and trust, have told me of similar things since then. And many of these people really don't believe in anything other than what's in front of them. Never heard of any incidents where it was scary or damaging.

So, yeah, I kinda do. I would have loved to live there to experience it over a long period. Would have been interesting.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll wait till tomorrow to tell my tales.
I do have a couple but I don't think I can say I saw anything, not sure what I saw.

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The last house I lived in for 31 years was built on a Native American Fish Camp (we found artifacts on the property) and was next to a river bed.

It took me 31 years of being a logical skeptic to finally except the fact there's some weird stuff out there that logic can't explain. I came to this conclusion after a crazy night of nonsense.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
one of the people that lives in my street does readings and cards and all that "crazy" - not quite into drinking the blood of whatever but near as damn "thought it was all mythical BS tbh" and now i gotta say am converted and i'm extremely skeptical about this stuff --- thought it was a wind up till all sorts of strange things started happening now for me it's normal. i say goodnight to my dog every night and now i've started saying it to my grandad too and i'm sleeping way better than i ever have :)

i went to belgium to visit the war memorials and i gotta say i've never been so upset - ever - the things that i felt whilst i was there were horrific. i know what happened from reading books and stuff but that just cut me to the core, so many lost souls that'll never get to go home and will forever wander around those desolate spaces with their friends for company.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
anyone got a stories about something that has happened to them that made them believe in ghosts?

One restless night while I was just about to fall asleep one of my curtains over an open window in my bedroom shifted slightly. Then I heard when sounded like whispering noises. The noises turned in to a voice and the curtain slowly contorted in to a face. The voice hauntingly whispered, "Research pareidolia. Really, you check it out along with apophenia. I think you will find it all quite interesting." and the voice faded away and the curtain returned to normal.

So I was wondering how many believe in ghosts?

I did when I was a child. Adults and other authority figures would talk about them, so they had to be real...right?

Last edited:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't believe in ghosts myself, but I do live near a cemetery that is supposedly one of the most popular haunted cemeteries in the country: Pinewoods Ave Cemetery in Troy, NY.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fist story is short.
I lived in a house while I was sobering up in college. The house predated the civil war by maybe 50 years.
You could hear someone walking around on the 2nd floor when no one was up there. You could also hear chains dragging across that floor at the same time. In the first floor front room of the house if you sat there long enough you would get a strange feeling and then a cold would seem to pass through you and you always felt that someone was in the room with you ( no one ever used this room much). The place had a small library room in which books would occasional fall off the shelf but only if someone was in the room.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
the best ghosts to have around you are the ones that really knew you cos they do small things for you like put things where you'll find them LoL :) sounds like total BS really but hell the number of times that my keys have "been moved" from the counter top (where i normally keep them) onto the peg that i have for keys is unreal --- there's only me and my dog at home when i'm there and i always put my keys down next to my bag on the counter top.

it's scary at first but then you just sort of get used to the fact that your new bestest friend is gunna be tidying up after you :) shame he hasn't touched the rest of my though cos it oughta be sparkling by now LoL ;)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I lived in Brooklyn we had an apartment on the sixth floor and there was this table in the hallway across the hall (apparently some old person had a heart attack and died there. There's always finger prints the same size same place even if you clean it they'll just be back later. Also as a Christian I believe in spirits. When Jesus died how did he return? As a Spirit. And what's a ghost, a spirit. So yes I do believe in them

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
2nd story

I was about 21or 22 at the time. We lived at the end of a 1/4 mile dirt road through the woods. It was late at night and a friend and I where walking to my place after I got off of work. Now I had walked that road many times over many years.
Something just seemed strange that night. My friend even felt it. I was almost afraid walking that road for some reason.

We where about half way down the road and could see the last bend in the road. There was a different look to the light coming through the trees from the lights in my house. We started to run toward the house only to stop dead in our tracts when we turned that corner.
The house was lite from within but all around the house and through the air where multicolored flights floating and circling. If anyone has seen the movie Ghosts it looked almost exactly like the scene in that movie.
We ran to the house to find my wife and child in the living room. She was scared as hell and told us that the balls of light had been going through the house for about a half hour. We all sat there watching the lights for a while ( I actually have no idea how long).
In that time a pencil flew off the fireplace across the room, a coffee mug turned over for no apparent reason, and the fire in the fireplace turned a strange color a couple times.
The TV was on and all of a sudden my wife pointed at it and said "that is a building my grandfather helped build". we all looked at the screen and the story was about an old brick builder from her home area. The show then showed the police station her grandfather worked in and showed a picture of him.
At that moment the balls of light disappeared and all was normal the rest of the night

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
2nd story

I was about 21or 22 at the time. We lived at the end of a 1/4 mile dirt road through the woods. It was late at night and a friend and I where walking to my place after I got off of work. Now I had walked that road many times over many years.
Something just seemed strange that night. My friend even felt it. I was almost afraid walking that road for some reason.

We where about half way down the road and could see the last bend in the road. There was a different look to the light coming through the trees from the lights in my house. We started to run toward the house only to stop dead in our tracts when we turned that corner.
The house was lite from within but all around the house and through the air where multicolored flights floating and circling. If anyone has seen the movie Ghosts it looked almost exactly like the scene in that movie.
We ran to the house to find my wife and child in the living room. She was scared as hell and told us that the balls of light had been going through the house for about a half hour. We all sat there watching the lights for a while ( I actually have no idea how long).
In that time a pencil flew off the fireplace across the room, a coffee mug turned over for no apparent reason, and the fire in the fireplace turned a strange color a couple times.
The TV was on and all of a sudden my wife pointed at it and said "that is a building my grandfather helped build". we all looked at the screen and the story was about an old brick builder from her home area. The show then showed the police station her grandfather worked in and showed a picture of him.
At that moment the balls of light disappeared and all was normal the rest of the night

Almost curious to what they were looking for and if that was the cause of death but without background knowledge its probably just throwing out guesses

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife told me sometime later that she felt a warm reassuring hand on her shoulder at the moment it showed her grandfathers picture on the television.
I almost wonder if the balls of light are some sort of visual activity that occurs when spirits manifest themselves strongly in our plain of assistance when trying to communicate with us in a friendly manner.

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well the place I lived in that ha the unexplainable activity was my mothers house built on a Native American fish camp.

I lived in the guest room ( a converted wood shop that was a large single room that wasn't connected to the house) since I was about 14 and there was always weird bumps in the night.

Since I was a teen with an outdoor room my house was pretty much the party house for my friends and I and so I always had my close friends over and everyone of us would hear or see unexplainable things. It got to the point that when we would see the shadow run across the yard we would say it was the chupacabra or if the banging on the walls and roof would happen we would play it off as it's just Indian boy coming out to party.

Here's some of the experiences we had.

Shadows running across the yard.

Banging on all the walls and roof, throwing of rocks against the outside side door, and some weird animal that approached my friend and I that we couldn't identify even when I had a maglight shining on its face for at least 30 seconds that got close enough where I thought I was going to have to thump it with the mag light till my mom let out her dog that chased it off.

We thought at first someone was screwing with us by banging on the walls and throwing rocks at the side door so we came up with a game plan to catch the people.
It went like this one of my friends run to his truck and scout the 2&3/25 acre property we had with his high beams on while another got in his car and rolled to the neighboring church parking lot and scout that well the other 3 of us ran around with mag lights looking for the people doing this.

Well it happened and we all took instant action since we had our game plan and it ended with the result of us finding no intruders and thats when we just excepted the fact that my yard was strange.

It's probably a good thing we didn't find anybody.

Latest Discussions