Getting my new spears.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Update on my spears. It's been less than 12 hours and my wife has officially claimed the 6ft spear as hers. Sooooo, now I'm minus 1 spear. Maybe she'll lose interest lol.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Update on my spears. It's been less than 12 hours and my wife has officially claimed the 6ft spear as hers. Sooooo, now I'm minus 1 spear. Maybe she'll lose interest lol.
Shortly after writing thins, I hear the spear shaft bumping into the walls and furniture. lol

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i think, it counts as a win, you lost a,spear but gained a ninja

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last time I tried, I could only use one spear at a time.

You say she claimed the six-footer. These are not identical? What made you choose them?

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last time I tried, I could only use one spear at a time.

You say she claimed the six-footer. These are not identical? What made you choose them?
I can only use one spear for now. I'm going to create a 2 spear super duper kung fu form lol.
Down side is that my forearms will probably eventually looking like this.

YLSCQjQwblI9MqEJiX56gIbTXmFL66cTatDtuCoGYFWAzYRTQD7ZxQlcbaqL1XyEyTBA6olpkNbD9RuG08yECXFKOA

Here's how my mind words with Kung Fu weapons. Always buy 2 when possible. Quality Kung Fu weapons are hard to find in the U.S. So if I see 2 staff's that look great then I'm buying them both. I put it this way. I bought 2 waxwood staffs about 5 years ago. There were 5 available. I told my classmates that there were 3 more left that were equally as nice. They went by 2 weeks later and the 3 staffs were gone. It was the same with Iron Rings for conditioning. Much of the weapons that are in stock are geared for karate and many of them are light weight bo staffs used for competition. So for me if one Breaks then I have the other. (worst case scenario)

The other benefit about 2 weapons, is that sometime in the future. I'll make my son train with me or my wife will join me. She does my kung fu training more for the workout and less for the martial arts, As a result I have to factor in a shorter weapon for a short wife. So the shorter weapon is just a compromise between me getting 2 weapons and making sure that I have something that my wife and son can use. But not so short that it's only good for them and not for me. It sounds selfish, but they aren't into martial arts like I am. But it will be there if they ever get the bug for it.

I know once I get my own school going, they will get more into it as kung fu schools are also social opportunities. Some people do martial arts training simply for the opportunity to socialize with others while doing an activity.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are only 3 techniques in spear training:

1. counter-clockwise parry.
2. clockwise parry.
3. stab.

1,2 are used to deflect spear stabbing.

It's like:

1. right hook punch.
2. left hook punch.
3. straight punch.

I call 1,2 as "double spears". The best defense to against straight punch.

spear-skill-1.gif

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

2. clockwise parry.
3. stab.

It's like:

1. right hook punch.
2. left hook punch.
3. straight punch.

spear-skill-1.gif
Jow ga spear techniques. Is similar to our staff techniques. We use both ends of a spear

Good thing is that I already know the some of those techniques.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

2. clockwise parry.
3. stab.

It's like:

1. right hook punch.
2. left hook punch.
3. straight punch.

spear-skill-1.gif
Gonna have to disagree again. We’ve got many more techs than that in our spear, and none of it is fancy twirling stuff.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can only use one spear for now. I'm going to create a 2 spear super duper kung fu form lol.
Down side is that my forearms will probably eventually looking like this.

YLSCQjQwblI9MqEJiX56gIbTXmFL66cTatDtuCoGYFWAzYRTQD7ZxQlcbaqL1XyEyTBA6olpkNbD9RuG08yECXFKOA

Here's how my mind words with Kung Fu weapons. Always buy 2 when possible. Quality Kung Fu weapons are hard to find in the U.S. So if I see 2 staff's that look great then I'm buying them both. I put it this way. I bought 2 waxwood staffs about 5 years ago. There were 5 available. I told my classmates that there were 3 more left that were equally as nice. They went by 2 weeks later and the 3 staffs were gone. It was the same with Iron Rings for conditioning. Much of the weapons that are in stock are geared for karate and many of them are light weight bo staffs used for competition. So for me if one Breaks then I have the other. (worst case scenario)

The other benefit about 2 weapons, is that sometime in the future. I'll make my son train with me or my wife will join me. She does my kung fu training more for the workout and less for the martial arts, As a result I have to factor in a shorter weapon for a short wife. So the shorter weapon is just a compromise between me getting 2 weapons and making sure that I have something that my wife and son can use. But not so short that it's only good for them and not for me. It sounds selfish, but they aren't into martial arts like I am. But it will be there if they ever get the bug for it.

I know once I get my own school going, they will get more into it as kung fu schools are also social opportunities. Some people do martial arts training simply for the opportunity to socialize with others while doing an activity.
Very good points, and I realize I’ve done the same thing, grabbed extra weapons when good ones are available.

My wife does some training with me like yours does. I’ve got staff and spear for her as well, and for our son wen he decides he is interested.

Latest Discussions