Gee, Hershey...dropping the peanut here....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I requested, rather suggested that they offered a peanut free assortment of candy, since a lot of schools are now peanut free. It would make for an easier project should any of my groups pick up the old candy sale shtick

this is the (rather automated) reply I got.
Nothing is altered, I don't believe in protecting the clueless!

Hi Ilka,

Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company.

For assistance with your question, please contact Hershey's Fund Raising at 800-803-6932 (open 8:30-5:00pm or leave message) or visit http://www.hersheys.com/fundraising/

We appreciate your loyalty as a consumer.

Timothy
Consumer Representative

008755529A

This email address is restricted for outgoing messages only. For that reason, please do not respond to this email as the inbox is not monitored.

the fundraising page has no point of contact anywhere, other than finding a sales person...So not what I was looking for.
Snail Mail seems in order, and it will not be as polite as the email!

:)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't do it peanuts are awesome. If the kids allergic lock him in the closet cause he's not right.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bullet_2.gif
Myth: Peanut Allergy is the most common allergen.
Fact: Peanut allergy is the third most common in children, ranking behind milk and egg; peanut allergy is the fourth most common allergy in adults, falling behind milk, egg and shellfish.
Ban milk and eggs and shellfish!
Ahem: [h=1]Nut allergies -- a Yuppie invention[/h]
[h=2]Some kids really do have food allergies. But most just have bad reactions to their parents' mass hysteria.[/h]
January 09, 2009|JOEL STEIN

AddThis.svg

Your kid doesn't have an allergy to nuts. Your kid has a parent who needs to feel special. Your kid also spends recess running and screaming, "No! Stop! Don't rub my head with peanut butter!"

Yes, a tiny number of kids have severe peanut allergies that cause anaphylactic shock, and all their teachers should be warned, handed EpiPens and given a really expensive gift at Christmas. But unless you're a character on "Heroes," genes don't mutate fast enough to have caused an 18% increase in childhood food allergies between 1997 and 2007. And genes certainly don't cause 25% of parents to believe that their kids have food allergies, when 4% do.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't do it peanuts are awesome. If the kids allergic lock him in the closet cause he's not right.

That is not exactly the point.

I am in the boat that at least at high school level there should be enough self preservation in place that even with deathly allergies peanuts should not be a problem.

However, the problem is that many school have banned them. It would stand to reason that one of the world's largest chocolate maker would have a fundraiser assortment reflecting that.

And heck, not send you on a round about to a web page that has no point of contact for this issue...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is not exactly the point.

I am in the boat that at least at high school level there should be enough self preservation in place that even with deathly allergies peanuts should not be a problem.

However, the problem is that many school have banned them. It would stand to reason that one of the world's largest chocolate maker would have a fundraiser assortment reflecting that.

And heck, not send you on a round about to a web page that has no point of contact for this issue...
Nonsense do they even make candy without peanuts? Unless its a fish from Sweden or a bear from gummy I think not. At least nothing that tastes good

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL

I will find this peanut free candy, I swear!

you are such a goober....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And peanut brittle and payday candy bars and the dresses big cup crunchy peanut butter mmmmmmmm peanuts are awesome

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have an "honor box" concession stand set up at work where I sell candy bars to raise money for the park where I volunteer. I have been looking everywhere for Payday bars! I can't find them at a good price point :(

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:duh:

that still does not let me bring them to school....

I buy my resale candy bars and snacks at Costco. They have a good selection so you can pick and choose according to your preferences.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I make peanut brittle with maple syrup ;)

Latest Discussions