GD Tech support heads up.

OP
N

Northern

Ok, I have a Imac. And generally I believe they are superior in many ways especially for the Art and Graphics. Which is why I thought you might have one. A lot of my buddies are proffessional printers and graphics artists. (Not me just martial artist). Anyhow the one drawback to the IMAC Just the consumer model... not the G3 or G4.... is the way the dvd slot is manufactured. It has a very low tolerance for disks coming out.... normally it's quite a chore if they get hung up on the plastic.. to get the disk out... I just spent 10 minutes trying to finagle the plastic to allign... then I decided **** I don't need this disk... so I broke out the tweezers and tweezed the disk out. I got this cold steel disk with a catalog they sent (with there new sword line) Not that I cared but it I was on the mailing list. Well the tweezer did not damage to the disk and I put it in my tv dvd player where it has a slide out drawer.
Apple has switched there system and they now have slide out drawers on all the models. Probably because in 1999 when I got this... they got a lot of complaints... but I love this thing and it still does 95 percent of current stuff.

Hmmm like you wanted to know all that right?

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern
Ok, I have a Imac. And generally I believe they are superior in many ways especially for the Art and Graphics. Which is why I thought you might have one. A lot of my buddies are proffessional printers and graphics artists. (Not me just martial artist). Anyhow the one drawback to the IMAC Just the consumer model... not the G3 or G4.... is the way the dvd slot is manufactured. It has a very low tolerance for disks coming out.... normally it's quite a chore if they get hung up on the plastic.. to get the disk out... I just spent 10 minutes trying to finagle the plastic to allign... then I decided **** I don't need this disk... so I broke out the tweezers and tweezed the disk out. I got this cold steel disk with a catalog they sent (with there new sword line) Not that I cared but it I was on the mailing list. Well the tweezer did not damage to the disk and I put it in my tv dvd player where it has a slide out drawer.
Apple has switched there system and they now have slide out drawers on all the models. Probably because in 1999 when I got this... they got a lot of complaints... but I love this thing and it still does 95 percent of current stuff.

Hmmm like you wanted to know all that right?

see that's one of the reasons I like this Forum so much.. I learn new stuffs every day *G* Seriously~!! I am a sponge for information.. and hey who knows where this tidbit might come in handy someday :) I've always been a PC girl.. I have every graphic program known to mankind I think :) and they all work grandly for me.. from 3D Maya to Poser, Bryce.. all those long rendering times.. my DVD burner and CD burner both have auto roll out trays.. so absolutely no complaints with this beast :)

OP
N

Northern

Sometimes people (me too sometimes), get on an internet jag... and then let grammer spelling and punctuation go... eg previous.

Also, you seem to have a thing for your dog... does he always respond to the Low gutteral sounds? Like your chortles..? :)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sometimes people (me too sometimes), get on an internet jag... and then let grammer spelling and punctuation go... eg previous.

Also, you seem to have a thing for your dog... does he always respond to the Low gutteral sounds? Like your chortles..? :)

well I have been re-writing the dictionary since I've been on the net.. (too many years~!) and 99% of the time I overlook in casual conversation, convolutions of word butchery, considering I have made up more words in my day than most weirdos *G*

My dog? what dog? I have a Cat. .so there..
oh That dog~!! I was just wondering if she had usurped my pillows.. we have quite the routine .. Seig leaves for work, I come into the puter room, and Sadie ( she came to us pre-named) hops up on the bed and acts as a bedwarmer until I go to bed ~!

And as an answer to the above.. gutteral sounds.. well yes.. actually I've been heard to speak her language.. but don't tell anyone *chortles*

OP
N

Northern

You mentioned you had a dog before... do you actually have one or was that part of an earlier joke.
Also do you have a cat?
How many fish do you have, I am guessing that if you don't have fish you at least have a fish tank screen saver. (which I have been meaning to get)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You mentioned you had a dog before... do you actually have one or was that part of an earlier joke.
Also do you have a cat?
How many fish do you have, I am guessing that if you don't have fish you at least have a fish tank screen saver. (which I have been meaning to get)

That was an actual answer to: Yes I actually have a Dog *G*
she's the sweetest pup and her name is Sadie..
and I do have a cat.. named Mouse.. who's as much a character as I am ~! Fish.. had them once.. brought them all the way from Florida too.. they survived the trip happily.. only to perish *sighs* after 2 years of hard water that no matter what we did .. couldn't get the PH right.. Screensaver.. hmmm .....Fish tank eh... I'll put that on my to-do list ~!!!

Attachments

• $sadie.jpg
    $sadie.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 100
OP
N

Northern

When my dog was alive it sat (layed) like that too.

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by KenpoTess
she's pretending to be a frog :)

Mine does that too. but Sadie is way cuter than my idiot mutt!

...and my mom applied to adopt a greyhound!!! :D I LOVE greyhounds! they's so cute and lazy!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sadie is quite cute.. "I have a tail.. I have a tail.. I have a tail.. see see see.. I have a tail *snorts* and oh brother.. all the while Seig was gone hunting.. she would sit in the puter room with me.. just talking away.. carrying on a conversation like there was no tomorrow.. Mouse finally got disturbed and stalked off to the guest room ~!

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by KenpoTess
sadie is quite cute.. "I have a tail.. I have a tail.. I have a tail.. see see see.. I have a tail *snorts* and oh brother.. all the while Seig was gone hunting.. she would sit in the puter room with me.. just talking away.. carrying on a conversation like there was no tomorrow.. Mouse finally got disturbed and stalked off to the guest room ~!

big fat AWW!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was most cute~!! Course Mouse wasn't at'all amused when there was a big furry black beastie in her nest... I sat here shaking my head .. giggling like a kid..(not me) ~!!

OP
T

TheRustyOne

'course not. you? giggling like a kid? never!

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Thirdly (not a question) but, I am glad I went to her website cause now I know what Dot means.
Fourthly was dot the name of the little girl on the the Movie Monsters Inc?

Hey there, It's me Dot, short for Dorothy, Dulcie also short for Dorothy in another language (can't remember which) There of course is Dottie, is is not as Short for Dorothy too. Take your pick I respond to them all. :D

I had to check but No the little gile in Monsters Inc. is named BOO. Not Dot

BUT there is Princess Dot from a Bugs life
Dot Matrix from Reboot (see my avatar)
The Warner Sister Dot
and many more characters that had the good sence to take my name.

Hope that helped. ;)

Dorothy, Dottie, Dot, Dulcie, aka KenpoGirl.

P.S. Re: My web site; Yes and thank you I know about the pictures, I had to move the site from one free page to another and those didn't get loaded, been meaning to fix that but haven't gotten around to it.

Latest Discussions