Freemasonry

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I shall post this then run for cover :) surely the Masons are just another gang/club for the boys? Lads love 'secret gangs' lol, all those rituals and male bonding things.

There are some that allow women to join.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't mean to mislead you. I wasn't interested in joining, just understanding what it is exactly.

well, if you meet one, ask him.
but what it really means to join can't be explained.

And not because of the secrets. It creates a special place in your heart, and of course it's different for everybody.

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
No..Im not mistaken...until 1983 the Church would excommunicate you for being a member. It's still considered a grevious sin today.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/BACAFM.htm

http://www.clearlightcatholic.com/masonic/whataremasons.htm

I have spoken with my Priest, and he told me that the only reason why the Catholic church has any issues today with masonry is simply political...and that if I feel that I am going against God's will in any way, then I should remove myself from the Fraternity...but at no time since I have joined have I ever in anyway felt this way.

I found this sentence from the first link particularly interesting and even entertaining.
The quote you were refering to was basically saying that Masons have a seperate God that they Worship..This of course is incorrect, Masons must believe in one God, a higher power...The reason why Catholics have the biggest problem with this is because it doesn't say that the Catholic God is the only God so of course that goes against what the Catholics believe in the over all spectrum of things...but personally, those rules don't effect me, since I still consider myself Catholic.

It's safe to say that the Catholic church has a bigger problem with the masons than the other way around.

but then again, they also have a problem with nuns writing books about female health.... :)

This is very true, and when it call comes down to it...it comes down to Politics with the Catholic Church, again and again.

There are some that allow women to join.

Not in any Regular Lodges, of course being around for so many years, there are several off shoots of Masonry, but true Freemasonry women are not allowed in Regular lodge, however there are several branches such as Eastern Star, and Rainbow Girls that womean are able to join as long as they are Related to a Master Mason (IE brother, Father, Son, Uncle, Grandfather, Great Grand Father)

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ahhh avoiding the whole Templar question I see...:hmm:

:D

The Templars are also another off shoot of regular Masonry, they are however seen as regular by the Grand Lodge, however, you can not just believe in a Higher Power, you have to be a Christian to Join them.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not being flippant here but with the UK having so many ancient cathedrals, churches and buildings when you speak of masons and masonry my mind goes straight to them. I realise these stonemasons are the foundation of Free Masons as an organisation but the trade itself is still alive and very much kicking in the UK.
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/944...n_s_work_on_York_Minster_s_Great_East_Window/

And most of them where build by catholics...
They are ongoing projects, too, since the environment has not been kind to the structures and constant repairs are needed.
In Cologne they had a TV piece about the Dome, the masons had a little fun with the restorations and used the likeness of several politicians to shape the gargoyles on the steeple roof.
I suppose an inside joke, since no mere mortal will ever venture up there... :lol:

But in all there is a lot of crap out thee about the masons.
Part fueled by the DaVinci Code, part because it's like ZOMG a secret and outsiders are not invited. Or maybe jealousy, because the membership didn't vote them in or invited them to leave.

They certainly have a code of conduct, rather unusual for these times.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And most of them where build by catholics...
They are ongoing projects, too, since the environment has not been kind to the structures and constant repairs are needed.
In Cologne they had a TV piece about the Dome, the masons had a little fun with the restorations and used the likeness of several politicians to shape the gargoyles on the steeple roof.
I suppose an inside joke, since no mere mortal will ever venture up there... :lol:

But in all there is a lot of crap out thee about the masons.
Part fueled by the DaVinci Code, part because it's like ZOMG a secret and outsiders are not invited. Or maybe jealousy, because the membership didn't vote them in or invited them to leave.

They certainly have a code of conduct, rather unusual for these times.

The masons from Koln were following a time honoured tradition as the orginal masons also parodied the good and great of the time by truning them into gargoyles.

The cathedrals here were certainly built by Roman Catholics, some of the early churches were built by the Celtic Christians though who allowed it's priests, nuns and monks to marry.

The only thing I tend to know about the Freemasons is that they tend to get lumped with us when conspiracies about who is taking over/running the world are voiced about. A lot of time we are supposed to be in league with them or them us. :rolleyes:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The masons from Koln were following a time honoured tradition as the orginal masons also parodied the good and great of the time by truning them into gargoyles.

The cathedrals here were certainly built by Roman Catholics, some of the early churches were built by the Celtic Christians though who allowed it's priests, nuns and monks to marry.

The only thing I tend to know about the Freemasons is that they tend to get lumped with us when conspiracies about who is taking over/running the world are voiced about. A lot of time we are supposed to be in league with them or them us. :rolleyes:

well....
The Jews control the banks, the masons the rest of the world, didn't you know that?!
:wink:

:lol:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is ...if only!

Latest Discussions