Fox News

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One of the commentators on Fox News just asked, "What is the McCain campaign going to do about Hurricane Gustav?"

I suppose the McCain campaign will do the same as the Barak campaign.

Of all the dumb questions...or so it seemed.

It's hard to say what they were really talking about. They were talking in circles. They were wondering if any of the Republican party would show for the Republican Convention if Gustav hits.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is a crazy question, as you say, Lynne. I suppose we could line all the politicians up on the coast and hope that their hot-air will divert the storm? :lol:.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take either the Dems or Reps, ask them a simple question, then sit back and watch them move their mouths and make sounds for an hour, never actually answering the question.
Seems FOX and CNN like those types of things as it gives the illusion of work having been done.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
If the hot air of all American politicians could be combined and harnessed, you would see Hurricane Gustav diverted to the shores of the UK......

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best get the Houses of Commons and Parliament to the west coast as quickly as possible then - it would appear counter-gassing is required :D.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The McCain camp is being labeled as a continuation of the Bush administration. Since the Bush administration bungled the dealing with Katrina as badly as they did folks are wondering how "Bush II" will handle Gustav. Since neither McCain nor Obama are yet president their ability to do anything other than attempt to get good campaign fodder out of a hurricane is seriously limited.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Take either the Dems or Reps, ask them a simple question, then sit back and watch them move their mouths and make sounds for an hour, never actually answering the question.
Seems FOX and CNN like those types of things as it gives the illusion of work having been done.
I swear it's just like watching Charles Durning's performance as the governor in the movie "Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" and singing that wonderful song...
"Ooh, I love to dance the little sidestep / Now they see me, now they don't / I've come and gone / And ooh, I love to sweep around a wide step / Cut a little swath / And lead the people on! ooooh I like to do a little side-step, double talk my way out of annnythhinnngg!"
Female Reporter: Governor, what do you think of the, the crisis in the Middle East?
The Governor: I was sayin' just this morning at the weekly prayer breakfast, in this historic capital, that it behooves both the Jews and the Arabs to settle their differences in a Christian manner!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of the commentators on Fox News just asked, "What is the McCain campaign going to do about Hurricane Gustav?"

Should have replied that he would let the elected leaders of Lousiana handle it. The Louisianans who didn't die immediately from sheer fright would be in Texas by nightfall. :rofl:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd, weird tangental thought...

I wonder how the world would run if various countries would trade politicians? Say, the British Parliament makes laws for the US while the Congress makes laws for Britain...

That... and a simple stipulation that politicians must live under the laws they pass.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I suppose the McCain campaign will do the same as the Barak campaign.

Of all the dumb questions...or so it seemed.

It's hard to say what they were really talking about. They were talking in circles. They were wondering if any of the Republican party would show for the Republican Convention if Gustav hits.

One of my pet peeves is the stupidity of the questions that the press ask and the statements that they make, it's like nobody edits them. They report that people were robbed by " armed gunmen" as opposed to what? unarmed gunmen? What is McCain or anyone else supposed to do anything about a natural event? I've basically stopped watching the news because I find it so depressing and frustrating that the people who are reporting it and the editors can't seem to formulate an intelligent interview or report.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Best get the Houses of Commons and Parliament to the west coast as quickly as possible then - it would appear counter-gassing is required :D.

In this matter,then:

1) The storms will be kept safely at sea. The hurricanes will blow themselves out long before the politicals ever do.

2) Some benefit will finally be found for the politicals of each nation, who will also be kept too busy to further harass, tax and enslave us.

3) Be careful of the term "counter gassing" - it will confuse some of the Americans as to exactly what is required and could lead to some dis - *** - trous consequences on our East Coast. If you instead use "counter blowing" we can certainly attract one of our former presidents to the cause!

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFL at your last there, my friend (all parts but especially the very end sentence) :D.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Careful now. What we are looking at here is Mutually Assured Destruction through global warming...

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
In this matter,then:

1) The storms will be kept safely at sea. The hurricanes will blow themselves out long before the politicals ever do.

2) Some benefit will finally be found for the politicals of each nation, who will also be kept too busy to further harass, tax and enslave us.

3) Be careful of the term "counter gassing" - it will confuse some of the Americans as to exactly what is required and could lead to some dis - *** - trous consequences on our East Coast. If you instead use "counter blowing" we can certainly attract one of our former presidents to the cause!

I .....just can't ...get a visual on that. Concept yes. But what the hell does "counter blowing" look like?:eye-popping:

Latest Discussions